- Take a Break with Alumni:
- The Value of Networking: Tuesday, Oct. 28
- Graduation information for the Class of 2009:
- General Information
Fall 2008 Graduates
Spring 2009 Graduates
- Out of Town Graduates
Commencement Photo Sittings: Sign up by Monday!
- Alumni Board of Directors Scholarship:
- Application Information
- Chicago-Kent is now LinkedIn:
- Join our LinkedIn Group
Take a Break With Alumni: The Value of Networking
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Alumni practitioners will chat informally about the value of networking in their legal careers, and provide tips on how students can effectively use networking to obtain jobs and internships. Lunch will be provided!
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Please RSVP by Monday, October 27.
Fall 2008 and Spring 2009 Graduates: The Office of Alumni Relations is your home for Commencement 2009! Please watch your kentlaw.edu email for announcements and updates throughout the year. For questions, please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Commencement Portal online.
Fall 2008 Graduates (both J.D. & LL.M.)
You MUST submit a Graduation Application to the Registrar's Office ASAP
- To complete the form, log in to your webmail account; click on the Web for Students icon in lower left portion of the left frame; select "Application for Graduation" under the "Online Forms" heading; please complete every field to submit your selection. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once a graduation audit has been performed.
- Any changes you make to your schedule after the audit may affect your graduation requirements. You should check with the Registrar's Office prior to making any changes
- Please note: The Registrar's Office does conduct graduation audits on all applications, but it is your responsibility to make certain all requirements for graduation are met. If you have any questions, please stop by the office on the 2nd floor.
Spring 2009 Graduates (both JD & LLM)
Your deadline to submit the graduation application will be 2 weeks after the spring semester begins. We will send follow-up information at the beginning of the spring semester.
Out of Town Graudates
If you will not be in the Chicagoland area during Spring 2009 and are planning to participate in the commencement ceremony, please email email@example.com to arrange for tickets, cap and gown, and other graduation information as soon as possible.
If youíve been to the 3rd floor, youíve seen the composite photos of the most recent class as well as classes all the way back to 1893. Now itís your turn! We have scheduled commencement composite photo sessions for the following dates:
Tuesday, October 28
Wednesday, October 29
Thursday, October 30
11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
To sign up, please visit the Office of Alumni Relations in Suite 310 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM by Monday, October 27. If you are an evening student who cannot
sign up during our business hours
email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a time.
Each session is scheduled for 20 minutes. For additional details visit the Commencement Photos Page at www.kentlaw.edu/commencement/composites.html.
Alumni Board of Directors Scholarship
Application Deadline: December 12, 2008
The Alumni Board of Directors Endowed Scholarship Fund was established by the Board in 1998 to provide scholarship assistance to law students demonstrating academic merit and financial need.
For Spring 2009, the Board plans to make awards of at least $2,000 each. Applications for the Alumni Board of Directors Scholarship are available in the Office of Admissions or online here.
Students interested must submit applications to the Office of Admissions, ATTN: Karla Davis, by December 12, 2008.
Chicago-Kent is now LinkedIn!
We invite all students, faculty, alumni, and staff to join the official Chicago-Kent group on the networking site, LinkedIn. If you have a LinkedIn account, please click here to request membership. Questions? Contact email@example.com.