- Commencement information for the Class of 2009:
- Required graduation forms.
Commencement photo sign-up.
- Join the 2009 Class Gift Committee.
- Career Advisor Network
- Search for an Advisor
- Chicago-Kent is now LinkedIn:
- Join our LinkedIn Group
Commencement Information for the Class of 2009
Fall 2008 and Spring 2009 Graduates: The Office of Alumni Relations is your home for Commencement 2009! Please watch your kentlaw.edu email for announcements and updates throughout the year. For questions, please email any questions to email@example.com or visit the Commencement Portal online.
Required Graduation Forms
In order to graduate, all students must submit the following forms:
- The Application for Graduation with the Office of the Registrar, submitted no later than January 30, 2009. To access the application for graduation:
1. Log in to your webmail account
2. Click on the "Web for Students" icon in lower left portion of the left frame
3. Select "Application for Graduation" under the "Online Forms" heading
4. Complete the full form (Please complete every field)
5. Submit your selection
You will receive a confirmation email once a graduation audit has been performed. Please note that any changes you make to your schedule after the audit may affect your graduation requirements. You should check with the Registrar's Office prior to making any changes.
- The Graduation Survey with the Office of Alumni Relations, submitted no later than Monday, April 20. All information is strictly confidential.
In order to participate in the commencement ceremony on May 17, 2009, all students must submit the following form:
- The Cap and Gown Order Form. Caps and Gowns are complimentary from the Office of Alumni Relations. More information on ordering caps and gowns will arrive at your student mailing address in February. A link to the order form will also be available on the Commencement Portal.
All Commencement details, including FAQs, can be found on the Commencement Portal: www.kentlaw.edu/commencement. If you have additional questions, you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commencement Photo Sign-Up
If you’ve been to the 3rd floor, you’ve seen the composite photos of the most recent class as well as classes all the way back to 1893. Now it’s your turn! The photos are quick
and FREE! You are under no obligation to purchase a photo,
and it doesn’t cost anything to have your smiling face included
in the composite.
We have scheduled sittings for the following dates. Please note that this is your LAST CHANCE to be included in your class composite photo.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
11:00 AM to 7:00 PM ~
To sign up, please visit the Office of Alumni Relations in Suite 310 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM beginning Tuesday, January 20, 2009. Evening students ONLY may email time slot requests to email@example.com.
Each session is scheduled for 20 minutes. For additional details visit the Commencement Photo Page.
Join the 2009 Class Gift Committee
Calling all 2009 Class graduates interested in making a lasting impact at Chicago-Kent when you graduate:† Join the Class Gift Committee!
As a member of the committee, you will help pick a class project, rally your friends' support, and have fun too! Additionally, the class of 1983 has a special challenge to the class of 2009. Attend the meeting to find out more!
Tuesday, January 27
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Lunch will be served!
If you have any questions or canít make it, contact Tanya Pietrkowski or call 312-906-5243.
Search for an Advisor
In an effort to help you connect with a strong network of Chicago-Kent alumni, the Office of Alumni Relations and Office of Career Services are happy to announce a new Alumni Career Advisor Network.
Alumni from around the world are available to discuss issues such as practice trends, legal markets in specific geographic areas, and other career-related topics. This is an excellent opportunity to start building your personal network with Chicago-Kent alumni!
To search for an Alumni Career Advisor, all you have to do is log-in to the Chicago-Kent Alumni Online Community:
First Time Login Instructions:
- Go to www.alumni.kentlaw.edu/firstlogin
- In the Constituent ID field, enter your Banner CWID.
To find your Banner CWID login to http://my.iit.edu. Once you are logged, on the right side of your screen you should see a box called IIT Personal ID numbers. The Banner CWID is the number beginning with ďA.Ē
- In the Class Year Field:
- If you are an LLM student, enter LLM
- If you are a Visiting student, enter LV
- If you are a JD student your Class Year will be three characters. The first letter for all class years will be L. The second letter is your division. The third is your year number.
Examples: A 2nd year night studentís class year is LN2. A 1st year day studentís class year is LD1.
During your first time login you will create a username and password. Afterwards, you may log in directly at www.alumni.kentlaw.edu/advisorsearch using the username and password you created.
If you need assistance with your first time login, please contact Celeste Addyman in the Office of Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her in Suite 360.
Chicago-Kent is now LinkedIn!
Join our LinkedIn Group
We invite all students, faculty, alumni, and staff to join the official Chicago-Kent group on the networking site, LinkedIn. If you have a LinkedIn account, please click here to request membership. Questions? Contact email@example.com.