- Commencement information for the Class of 2009:
- Graduation Fair is THIS WEDNESDAY! Order your cap and gown in person.
Required graduation forms.
Final Graduation Photo Sessions: April 14. Sign up today!
- 2009 Class Gift
- Class of 2009 Donors Ė We need you!
- Go Green! Class Gift Kick-Off Party: March 11
- Career Advisor Network
- Search for an Advisor
- Chicago-Kent is now LinkedIn:
- Join our LinkedIn Group
Commencement Information for the Class of 2009
Fall 2008 and Spring 2009 Graduates: The Office of Alumni Relations is your home for Commencement 2009! Please watch your kentlaw.edu email for announcements and updates throughout the year. For questions, please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Commencement Portal online.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
11:00 am to 6:00 pm
3rd Floor, Outside of the Spak
Please stop by to learn more about everything related to your 2009 Commencement! Representatives from Traditions USA will be on site to take orders for caps and gowns. You will also have the opportunity to purchase graduation memorabilia, including invitations, announcements, and diploma frames.
Required Graduation Forms
In order to graduate, all students must submit the following forms:
- The Application for Graduation with the Office of the Registrar was due on January 30, 2009. If you have not yet completed it and you intend to graduate, please do so IMMEDIATELY. To access the application for graduation:
1. Log in to your webmail account
2. Click on the "Web for Students" icon in lower left portion of the left frame
3. Select "Application for Graduation" under the "Online Forms" heading
4. Complete the full form (Please complete every field)
5. Submit your selection
- The 2009 Graduate Survey with the Office of Alumni Relations, submitted no later than Friday, April 17. All information is strictly confidential.
In order to participate in the commencement ceremony on May 17, 2009, all students must submit the following form:
- The Cap and Gown Order Form. Caps and Gowns are complimentary from the Office of Alumni Relations; however, forms submitted beginning April 7 at Midnight will be charged a late fee. Order online or in person at the Graduation Fair on March 4:
All Commencement details, including FAQs, can be found on the Commencement Portal: www.kentlaw.edu/commencement. If you have additional questions, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com.
Final Graduation Photo Sessions: April 14
If you’ve been to the 3rd floor, you’ve seen the composite photos of the most recent class as well as classes all the way back to 1893. Now it’s your turn! The photos are quick
and FREE! You are under no obligation to purchase a photo,
and it doesn’t cost anything to have your smiling face included
in the composite.
For those of you who have not yet taken your photos, we have scheduled sittings for Tuesday, April 14. Please note that this is your LAST CHANCE to be included in your class composite photo.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
11:00 AM to 7:00 PM ~
Business attire is recommended.
To sign up, please visit the Office of Alumni Relations in Suite 310 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM. Evening students ONLY may email time slot requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each session is scheduled for 15 minutes. For additional details visit the Commencement Photo Page.
Class of 2009 Donors Ė We need you!
The 2009 Class Gift Committee is inaugurating Chicago-Kentís first green class gift fundraising project. All donations and pledges will underwrite the renovation of the 10th floor Reading Room's lighting with new, energy efficient LED lights. Join us for the Go Green! Class Gift Kick-Off Party on March 11 to find out more!
In addition the Class of 1983 is challenging the Class of 2009 to raise 75 donations and pledges for the Class Gift by April 15th.†If we reach this goal, $5000 will be put towards the Reading Room Renovation Project on the 10th floor.†
Donor Goal: 75 gifts by April 15, 2009
Donations Goal: $5,000
Suggested giving levels:
|Part of the Solution
Illuminating The Future
Join To make a gift by check or cash*, please download
the pdf form here.
(right click and save as).
*All donations are tax deductible
to the extent allowed by law.
Go Green! Class Gift Kick-Off Party: March 11
The Class Gift Committee will host a party to officially kick off the 2009 Class Gift. Join us to find out more about the green lighting initiative and how you can help!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
3:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Beer and snacks will be served!
Search for an Advisor
In an effort to help you connect with a strong network of Chicago-Kent alumni, the Office of Alumni Relations and Office of Career Services are happy to announce a new Alumni Career Advisor Network.
Alumni from around the world are available to discuss issues such as practice trends, legal markets in specific geographic areas, and other career-related topics. This is an excellent opportunity to start building your personal network with Chicago-Kent alumni!
To search for an Alumni Career Advisor, all you have to do is log-in to the Chicago-Kent Alumni Online Community:
First Time Login Instructions:
- Go to www.alumni.kentlaw.edu/firstlogin
- In the Constituent ID field, enter your Banner CWID.
To find your Banner CWID login to http://my.iit.edu. Once you are logged, on the right side of your screen you should see a box called IIT Personal ID numbers. The Banner CWID is the number beginning with ďA.Ē
- In the Class Year Field:
- If you are an LLM student, enter LLM
- If you are a Visiting student, enter LV
- If you are a JD student your Class Year will be three characters. The first letter for all class years will be L. The second letter is your division. The third is your year number.
Examples: A 2nd year night studentís class year is LN2. A 1st year day studentís class year is LD1.
During your first time login you will create a username and password. Afterwards, you may log in directly at www.alumni.kentlaw.edu/advisorsearch using the username and password you created.
If you need assistance with your first time login, please email email@example.com.
Chicago-Kent is now LinkedIn!
Join our LinkedIn Group
We invite all students, faculty, alumni, and staff to join the official Chicago-Kent group on the networking site, LinkedIn. If you have a LinkedIn account, please click here to request membership. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.