- Alumni Board Scholarship:
- Applications Are Due October 1
- Network and Connect with Chicago-Kent Alumni
- October 5-9: ASCK Week: Alumni/Student ConneKtions
- October 8: Etiquette Dinner
Brown Bag Lunch with Alumni
- October 12: Tax Law: Careers beyond the Numbers
- Student Organization Services
- Student Org Leaders: Want to Connect with Alumni?
Chicago-Kent is now LinkedIn:
- Join our LinkedIn Group
Apply for the Alumni Board Scholarship: Due October 1
The Chicago-Kent Alumni Board of Directors Scholarship is awarded to law students demonstrating academic merit and financial need.
Applications for the 2009-2010 Scholarships are due Thursday, October 1, 2009.
Recipients will be announced in early November and will be honored at the annual Alumni Awards & Recognition Luncheon on Thursday, December 10, 2009.
Direct questions to Tara Anderson, Director of Alumni Relations, at (312) 906-5245.
ASCK Week: Alumni/Student ConneKtions
ASCK Week is a 5-day extravaganza of opportunities for students to network and connect with Chicago-Kent Alumni as well as to gain valuable career-related skills.
Please plan on participating in one or more of the opportunities listed below, and RSVP through the Events section of Symplicity. (1Ls may rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org) You will be contacted to set up specific time slots for each event closer to the event date:
Take a Student To Work: Ongoing
- Spend a day shadowing an attorney in his or her work place. Itís a great opportunity for students to experience different practice areas first-hand.
Resume Reviews: Monday, October 5, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, 5:00 - 6:40 pm
- Have your resumes reviewed by an alumnus/a in a 20-minute one-on-one session.
Informational Interviews: Tuesday, October 6, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, 5:00 - 6:30 pm
- Take half an hour to meet with an alumnus/a in an informational interview setting. This technique allows you to explore more career possibilities by hearing experiences and advice from current practicing lawyers or from those who have taken alternative career paths.
Mock Interviews: Wednesday, October 7, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, 5:00 - 6:30 pm
- Need to sharpen your interview skills? Schedule a 30-minute mock interview with an alumnus/a to learn crucial interviewing techniques.
Etiquette Dinner: Thursday, October 8, 5:30 pm
- Have you always wanted to learn the finer points of etiquette? Join us for a 3-course meal and tips and techniques from Jill Bremmer, AICI, CIP, a certified image consultant. Youíll learn what all those forks are really for, as well as many other etiquette tips.
Service Day: Friday, October 9,
11:30 am: Lunch ~ 1:00 pm: Service Project
- Join us for an afternoon of giving back to the community. Weíll begin the afternoon with a lunch and a keynote address on the importance of pro bono work by Prof. Terrance Norton, current director of the Center for Open Government and former national director of pro bono at Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP. The afternoon will be spent volunteering for the Chicago Park District.
Practice Area Panels: Tuesday and Thursday, October 6 and 8, noon
- Lunch-time panels will speak on various legal practice areas including litigation, corporate law, alternate legal careers, real estate and others!
Please email email@example.com with questions regarding ASCK week events.
Have you always wanted to learn the finer points of etiquette?
Join us for a 3-course meal and tips and techniques from Jill Bremmer, AICI, CIP, a certified image consultant. Youíll learn what all those forks are really for, as well as many other etiquette tips.
Thursday, October 8 ~
10th Floor Event Room
The etiquette dinner is part of ASCK Week: Alumni/Student ConneKtions.
Brown Bag Lunch with Alumni
Tax Law: Careers Beyond the Numbers
Have you ruled out tax law because you think itís boring? Then itís time to open your eyes to all the exciting opportunities that a career in tax law can offer. Please join us for a brown bag lunch as three tax specialists discuss the wide possibility of career choices in tax law and their individual career paths.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Please bring your lunch. Dessert will be served!
Panelists include Cynthia B. Lafuente Ď88, an expert in international tax law with the U.S. Congress Joint Committee on Taxation, David J. Kupiec í94, a lobbyist and partner with Kupiec & Martin, LLC, and Alexander Harris í95, a shareholder with American Tax Solutions, Inc., who advocates on behalf of tax payers.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 906-5200 by Thursday, October 8.
Co-sponsored by the Alumni Association, the Office of Career Services, and the Corporate Law Society.
Alumni Services for Student Organizations
Student Org Leaders: Want to Connect with Alumni?
Are you involved in leadership of a student organization and would like to:
Obtain additional funding for your events?
Invite alumni to your events?
Fundraise for your organization from alumni?
Chicago-Kent is now LinkedIn!
Join our LinkedIn Group
We invite all students, faculty, alumni, and staff to join the official Chicago-Kent group on the networking site, LinkedIn. If you have a LinkedIn account, please click here to request membership. Questions? Contact email@example.com.