- Alumni/Student ConneKtions (ASCK) Week 2011:
- Sign up to meet with alumni for resume reviews, mock & informational interviews!
- RSVP for the Alumni/Student networking reception Wednesday, October 12.
- Attend panels on networking, bar leadership, and growing a legal business.
- Apply for the Alumni Board of Directors Scholarship
- Apply by September 30, 2011.
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Visits to Chicago-Kent in Fall 2011
- Student and staff lottery available for “Judicial Takings” with Justice Scalia.
Student organization leaders:
- Want to connect with alumni?
Alumni/Student ConneKtions (ASCK) Week 2011
Sign up to meet with alumni!
ASCK Week is a weeklong extravaganza of opportunities for students to network and connect with Chicago-Kent alumni as well as to gain valuable career-related skills. More information can be found on the Alumni Office ASCK Week webpage.
Sign up online by Wednesday, October 5 for the following sessions to get one-on-one career advice from Chicago-Kent Alumni:
RSVP for the Alumni/Student Networking Reception
Practice your networking skills with Chicago-Kent alumni!
Alumni-Student Networking Reception
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
10th Floor Event Room
RSVP to email@example.com or (312) 906-5240 by Friday, October 7.
Chicago-Kent alumni will hold panels and make presentations throughout the week on how to develop your legal career.
- Remember My Name: How to Market and Grow a Legal Business
Tuesday, October 11
Presenter: Rafi Arbel ‘94, President of Market JD
- Chicago-Kent Alumni in Bar Association Leadership: A Speaking Panel
Wednesday, October 12
Panelists: John Locallo ’86,
Gregg Garofalo ’99, and
Catherine Battista ’05
- Social Media, Doing Good and the Job Search
Thursday, October 13
Hosted by the Chicago-Kent Young Alumni Council
Panelists: Andrew Slobodien ’94 and Marlene Igel ’94, moderated by Melissa Sobota ’07
Alumni Board of Directors Scholarship
Apply for the Alumni Board Scholarship: Due Sept. 30
The Chicago-Kent Alumni Board of Directors Scholarship is awarded to law students demonstrating academic merit and financial need. Applications for the 2010-2011 Scholarships are due Friday, September 30, 2011.
Recipients will be announced in early November and will be honored at the annual Alumni Awards & Recognition Luncheon on Friday, November 18, 2011.
Direct questions to Tara Anderson, Director of Alumni Relations, at (312) 906-5245.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Visits to Chicago-Kent
Student and Staff Lottery Available for "Judicial Takings"
“Judicial Takings”: Keynote Address by Antonin Scalia, Associate Justice, Supreme Court of the United States
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Noon–6:00 p.m. ~ Conference includes a keynote by Justice Scalia, a moot court competition, and reception
Given limited available seating, Chicago-Kent students and staff are eligible to be entered in a lottery to attend the conference. The deadline to enter the lottery is October 6.
For the STUDENT lottery form, click here.
For the STAFF lottery form, click here.
Please note: Only one entry allowed per person.
If you have questions, please contact the Chicago-Kent Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.906.5240.
Student Organization Services
Want to Connect with Alumni?
Are you involved in leadership of a student organization and would like to:
Invite alumni to your events?
Find alumni speakers or panelists?
Partner with the Alumni Association on events?