- Commencement Information:
- Commencement information.
- Sign up for spring 2012 composite photo dates: February 7 to 9.
- Information for out-of-town graduates.
- Have a family member who's a graduate? Ask him or her to be your Alumni Legacy Hooder.
- Class of 2012 Class Gift:
- Save the Date: Class Gift Kick-off Event Thursday, January 26.
- Your 2012 Class Gift Committee.
- Work in the Alumni and Development Office!
- The Office of Institutional Advancement is hiring a part-time student support position.
Alumni Career Advisor Network:
- Search for an Advisor.
Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 Graduates: The Alumni Association is your home for Commencement 2012!
Your official commencement ceremony will take place Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 2:30 PM at the UIC Forum, 725 W Roosevelt Rd., Chicago, IL 60608. Please watch your kentlaw.edu email for announcements and updates throughout the year. For more information, including FAQs, please visit the Commencement Portal online.
Composite Photos: February 7-9, 2012
If you’ve been to the 3rd floor, you’ve seen the composite photos of the most recent class as well as classes all the way back to 1893. Now it’s your turn!
Photo sittings will be held:
Tuesday, February 7-Thursday, February 9, 2012
Fifteen minute slots, 11:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Sign up online at http://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/nvclo by Friday, February 3.
Slots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are able to take a daytime slot, we ask that you reserve the slots from 5:00-7:00 p.m. for evening students. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 906-5240.
Out of Town Graduates
If you will not be in the Chicagoland area during Spring 2012 and are planning to participate in the Commencement ceremony, please email email@example.com to arrange for tickets, cap and gown, and other graduation information as soon as possible.
Please visit the Commencement Portal for other details about your Commencement ceremony.
Alumni Legacy Hooders
The Chicago-Kent tradition of Alumni Legacy Hooding allows a graduate to be hooded by an alumni relative during the ceremony. If you are an immediate relative of a Chicago-Kent alumnus/a and would like him/her to hood you at the ceremony, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
Please note that this person must be both an alumnus of Chicago-Kent College of Law and an immediate relative of yours. Unfortunately there are no exceptions to this rule.
All Alumni Legacy Hooders will participate in the graduation processional and recessional and therefore will be sitting on the stage throughout the ceremony. Legacy Hooders do NOT need a graduation ticket. Legacy Hooders will wear caps and gowns and will pick up their regalia in the Faculty Robing Room on graduation day.
Save the Date: Class Gift Kick-off Event
Save the date for the
Class Gift Kick-off Party!
Thursday, January 26, 2012
4:00-6:30 p.m., Lobby
Stop by for free pizza & beer, and learn more about the Class of 2012 Class Gift!
For more information, visit
Your 2012 Class Gift Committee
Many thanks to the Class of 2012 Class Gift Committee for their work on this year's project!
Committee Chair: Katsie Calhoun
|Liz Camille Christen
Hiring a part-time student support position
The IIT Chicago-Kent Office of Institutional Advancement is seeking an individual to support the efforts of the development and alumni relations teams.
• Provides general office support to various staff members in the office
• Assist office staff with assigned projects
• Provides superior customer service to both internal & external customers
• Data Entry
• Run campus errands
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Critical thinking skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Winning attitude
• Sense of humor
• Knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge preferred
If you are interested, apply through Symplicity: https://law-kent-csm.symplicity.com/students/?s=home. Contact Ali Titus at email@example.com or (312) 906-5238 with any questions.
Alumni Career Advisor Network
Search for an Advisor
In an effort to help you connect with a strong network of Chicago-Kent alumni, the Chicago-Kent Alumni Association and Office of Career Services encourage you to take advantage of the law school’s “Alumni Career Advisor Network.”
Alumni from around the world are available to discuss issues such as practice trends, legal markets in specific geographic areas, and other career-related topics. This is an excellent opportunity to start building your personal network with Chicago-Kent alumni!
To search for an Alumni Career Advisor, all you have to do is log-in to the Chicago-Kent Alumni Online Community:
First Time Login Instructions:
- Go to www.alumni.kentlaw.edu/firstlogin
- In the Constituent ID field, enter your Banner CWID.
To find your Banner CWID login to http://my.iit.edu. Once you are logged, on the right side of your screen you should see a box called IIT Personal ID numbers. The Banner CWID is the number beginning with “A.”
- In the Class Year Field:
- If you are an LLM student, enter LLM
- If you are a Visiting student, enter LV
- If you are a JD student your Class Year will be three characters. The first letter for all class years will be L. The second letter is your division. The third is your year number.
Examples: A 2nd year night student’s class year is LN2. A 1st year day student’s class year is LD1.
During your first time login you will create a username and password. Afterwards, you may log in directly at www.alumni.kentlaw.edu/advisorsearch using the username and password you created.
If you need assistance with your first time login, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.