- Commencement Information:
- Commencement information.
- Sign up for spring 2012 composite photo dates: February 7 to 9.
- Grad Info Day: Tuesday, March 6.
- Required Forms for May 2012 Graduates.
- Information for out-of-town graduates.
- Have a family member who's a graduate? Ask him or her to be your Alumni Legacy Hooder.
- Class of 2012 Class Gift:
- Class Gift Kick-off Party Thursday, January 26: Free Pizza & Beer!
- Your 2012 Class Gift Committee.
Alumni Career Advisor Network:
- Search for an Advisor.
Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 Graduates: The Alumni Association is your home for Commencement 2012!
Your official commencement ceremony will take place Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 2:30 PM at the UIC Forum, 725 W Roosevelt Rd., Chicago, IL 60608. Please watch your kentlaw.edu email for announcements and updates throughout the year. For more information, including FAQs, please visit the Commencement Portal online.
Composite Photos: February 7-9, 2012
If youíve been to the 3rd floor, youíve seen the composite photos of the most recent class as well as classes all the way back to 1893. Now itís your turn!
Photo sittings will be held:
Tuesday, February 7-Thursday, February 9, 2012
Fifteen minute slots, 11:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Sign up online at http://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/nvclo by Friday, February 3.
Slots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are able to take a daytime slot, we ask that you reserve the slots from 5:00-7:00 p.m. for evening students. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 906-5240.
Grad Info Day: Tuesday, March 6
Please join us get all the details on your Commencement, order your cap & gown, and purchase Commencement memorabilia!
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
3rd Floor, Outside the Spak
Required Forms for May 2012 Gradautes
In order to graduate, all students must submit the following forms:
- The Application for Graduation must be submitted no later than Monday, January 30. To complete:
- Log in to your webmail account
- Click on the "Web for Students" icon in lower left portion of the left frame
- Select "Application for Graduation" under the "Online Forms" heading
- Complete the full form (Please complete every field)
- Submit your selection
You will receive a confirmation email once a graduation audit has been performed. Please note that any changes you make to your schedule after the audit may affect your graduation requirements. You should check with the Registrar's Office prior to making any changes.
- The 2012 Graduate Survey: The Graduate Survey for May 2012 Graduates will be available in late February/early March. It must be submitted no later than Monday, April 30.
In order to participate in the commencement ceremony on May 13, 2012, all students must submit the following form:
- The Cap and Gown Order Form. Caps and Gowns ordered by Friday, March 30 are complimentary on behalf of the Alumni Association; however, forms submitted beginning April 1 at Midnight will be charged a late fee. The online order form will be available in February, or you can order in person at Grad Info Day on March 6.
Out of Town Graduates
If you will not be in the Chicagoland area during Spring 2012 and are planning to participate in the Commencement ceremony, please email email@example.com to arrange for tickets, cap and gown, and other graduation information as soon as possible.
Please visit the Commencement Portal for other details about your Commencement ceremony.
Alumni Legacy Hooders
The Chicago-Kent tradition of Alumni Legacy Hooding allows a graduate to be hooded by an alumni relative during the ceremony. If you are an immediate relative of a Chicago-Kent alumnus/a and would like him/her to hood you at the ceremony, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
Please note that this person must be both an alumnus of Chicago-Kent College of Law and an immediate relative of yours. Unfortunately there are no exceptions to this rule.
All Alumni Legacy Hooders will participate in the graduation processional and recessional and therefore will be sitting on the stage throughout the ceremony. Legacy Hooders do NOT need a graduation ticket. Legacy Hooders will wear caps and gowns and will pick up their regalia in the Faculty Robing Room on graduation day.
Class Gift Kick-off Event
Join us for the 2012
Class Gift Kick-off Party!
Thursday, January 26, 2012
4:00-6:30 p.m., Lobby
Stop by for free pizza & beer, and learn more about the Class of 2012 Class Gift!
For more information, visit
Your 2012 Class Gift Committee
Many thanks to the Class of 2012 Class Gift Committee for their work on this year's project!
Committee Chair: Katsie Calhoun
|Liz Camille Christen
Alumni Career Advisor Network
Search for an Advisor
In an effort to help you connect with a strong network of Chicago-Kent alumni, the Chicago-Kent Alumni Association and Office of Career Services encourage you to take advantage of the law schoolís ďAlumni Career Advisor Network.Ē
Alumni from around the world are available to discuss issues such as practice trends, legal markets in specific geographic areas, and other career-related topics. This is an excellent opportunity to start building your personal network with Chicago-Kent alumni!
To search for an Alumni Career Advisor, all you have to do is log-in to the Chicago-Kent Alumni Online Community:
First Time Login Instructions:
- Go to www.alumni.kentlaw.edu/firstlogin
- In the Constituent ID field, enter your Banner CWID.
To find your Banner CWID login to http://my.iit.edu. Once you are logged, on the right side of your screen you should see a box called IIT Personal ID numbers. The Banner CWID is the number beginning with ďA.Ē
- In the Class Year Field:
- If you are an LLM student, enter LLM
- If you are a Visiting student, enter LV
- If you are a JD student your Class Year will be three characters. The first letter for all class years will be L. The second letter is your division. The third is your year number.
Examples: A 2nd year night studentís class year is LN2. A 1st year day studentís class year is LD1.
During your first time login you will create a username and password. Afterwards, you may log in directly at www.alumni.kentlaw.edu/advisorsearch using the username and password you created.
If you need assistance with your first time login, please email email@example.com.