- Commencement Information:
- Commencement information.
- Required forms: Grad Survey due Monday, April 30.
- GRAD FEST: Pick up your cap & gown and tickets on Tuesday, May 1.
- Update on Commencement Tickets.
Upcoming Alumni Networking Events
ILW 15th Anniversary Reception: April 15.
Public Interest Awards Night: April 26.
- Class of 2012 Class Gift:
- Announcing the 2012 Class Gift!
- Next Faculty Gift-Matching Day: May 1 with Prof. Sarah Harding.
- Your 2012 Class Gift Committee.
- Thank you to our donors!
- Your gift in action – fountains are installed on five floors!
- Chicago-Kent Night with the White Sox:
- Friday, June 8.
Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 Graduates: The Alumni Association is your home for Commencement 2012!
Your official commencement ceremony will take place Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 2:30 PM at the UIC Forum, 725 W Roosevelt Rd., Chicago, IL 60608. Please watch your kentlaw.edu email for announcements and updates throughout the year. For more information, including FAQs, please visit the Commencement Portal online.
Graduate Survey: Due April 30.
Please note: only the forms on the Chicago-Kent Commencement Portal are required for commencement. Graduates do not need to complete any IIT forms regarding Commencement.
In order to graduate, all students must submit the following forms:
- The Application for Graduation was due Monday, January 30. If you did not complete this form, contact the Registrar's Office immediately.
You will receive a confirmation email once a graduation audit has been performed. Please note that any changes you make to your schedule after the audit may affect your graduation requirements. You should check with the Registrar's Office prior to making any changes.
- The 2012 Graduate Survey: The Graduate Survey for May 2012 Graduates is available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ckgrad2012. It must be submitted no later than Monday, April 30.
In order to participate in the commencement ceremony on May 13, 2012, all students must submit the following form:
- The Cap and Gown Order Form. Caps and Gowns ordered by Sunday, April 1 were complimentary on behalf of the Alumni Association; however, forms submitted beginning April 2 at Midnight will be charged a late fee. Order online at www.alumni.kentlaw.edu/capgown.
Please note: only the forms on the Chicago-Kent Commencement Portal (listed above) are required for commencement. Graduates do not need to complete any IIT forms regarding Commencement.
Grad Fest: Tuesday, May 1
Your tickets and cap and gown will be distributed in the lobby of the law school building from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. You MUST pick up your commencement materials this day. If you cannot attend, email email@example.com immediately to make other arrangements.
Update on Commencement Tickets
Based on the tickets requested through cap and gown order forms, in addition to each student receiving six (6) tickets per graduate (regardless of what you originally requested), each graduate has the option to purchase up to six (6) additional tickets. Additional tickets will be available for purchase ($10/each) on May 1 at GRAD FEST.
Notes regarding tickets:
- We encourage graduates who are not using all of their tickets to give to others in need.
- Any graduates who are not participating in the ceremony receive six tickets regardless, so they are welcome to pick up their six tickets at GRAD FEST and distribute.
- Graduates are not allowed to sell or barter unused tickets.
- Graduates, children under 2, and family members participating as alumni legacy hooders do not need a ticket.
- If you find that you are still in need of tickets after exhausting all other resources, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org me and we will work to accommodate.
Announcing the 2012 Class Gift!
IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law
2012 Class Gift:
The class of 2012 is raising money in memory of Ayodele Jegede, classmate and friend, to convert existing water fountains throughout the building to filling stations for reusable water bottles, as well as to retrofit the water dispenser in the Spak seating area with a heating unit so students can have access to hot water when the cafeteria is closed.
This project takes advantage of existing building infrastructure to make Chicago-Kent better for students, faculty and staff, & to encourage eco-friendly habits.
Make your gift online today!
Faculty gift-matching days!
Make your gift on our next faculty gift-matching day with Professor Sarah Harding, who will be matching gifts up to $500 at GRAD FEST on Tuesday, May 1.
Many thanks to Dean Stephen Sowle & Professor Adrian Walters for hosting faculty gift matching days & doubling students' dollars!
Please visit http://bit.ly/CK2012gift to make your gift online, or stop by GRAD FEST to make your gift on a faculty gift-matching day!
Your 2012 Class Gift Committee
Many thanks to the Class of 2012 Class Gift Committee for their work on this year's project!
Committee Chair: Katsie Calhoun
|Liz Camille Christen
Thank you to our donors!
Many thanks to all who have given to support the Class of 2012 Class Gift project.
Prof. Evelyn Brody
Prof. Sungjoon Cho
Dean Stephen Sowle
Mary Ellen Vales
Prof. Adrian Walters
Michael W. Ward
Your Gift in Action
Thanks to your generosity, fountains have already been installed on the concourse, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 9th floors! We still need additional support to reach the goal of $2,012, so visit www.kentlaw.edu/classgift to make your gift today, or giving during the next Faculty Gift-Matching Day, May 1, when Professor Sarah Harding will match all gifts up to $500.
Upcoming Alumni Networking Events
Alumni Networking Events
Join student organizations and the Chicago-Kent Alumni Association as we welcome alumni back to Chicago-Kent for networking events in April!
Institute for Law & the Workplace 15th Anniversary Reception
Wednesday, April 18
RSVP to email@example.com or (312) 906-5240 by Friday, April 13.
Public Interest Awards Night
Thursday, April 26, 2012
5:00 p.m., reception follows
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 906-5240 by Monday, April 23.
Chicago-Kent Night with the White Sox
Discounted tickets for June 8 game!
WHITE SOX VS. HOUSTON ASTROS
Friday, June 8th, 2012
U.S. Cellular Field
SPECIALLY PRICED WHITE SOX TICKETS!
The White Sox have dedicated Friday, June 8th to Chicago-Kent College of Law. On this special night the White Sox would like to offer specially priced tickets to all Chicago-Kent Alumni students, faculty, and their family and friends. Tickets regularly priced at $44, $40, $26 and $18 are available for $34, $30, $13 and $9. Additionally you can purchase a Hot Dog Value Meal as well as Parking.
Following the game stay in your seats for a postgame fireworks presentation!
TO ORDER TICKETS:
Visit whitesox.com – click on Schedule and then click the T in the June 8th box. On the corresponding page, type “KENT” in the password box. Service fees will apply.
Or, click here to download a flyer and order form (PDF).