Fundraising Policy for Student Organizations
The Office of Development is pleased to offer direction to student organizations seeking donations from Chicago-Kent alumni for their activities. Student Organizations wishing to raise money from alumni are required to do so through the Office of Development.
Please read and review the fundraising policy below before submitting the fundraising request form. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 906-5240.
- Fundraising requests must submitted at least two months in advance of your event or project deadline. We suggest that requests be made at the beginning of the school year for best planning and optimum results.
- Requests for support should be limited to individuals instead of law firms.
- For limited projects, Development can provide a list of alumni with an affinity for the particular student organization. Student groups are responsible for their own outreach.
- Student organizations can request an article in the alumni e-newsletter from Alumni Relations that solicits support. To complete this request, please review the mail policy.
- Faculty solicitations must be approved by Dean Stephen Sowle.
- Development cannot assist with fundraising activities related to underwriting conference attendance.
- All donations must be submitted to Development as soon as they are received, no later than 2 business days, for gift processing, which includes depositing the gift and forwarding the donors a thank you letter and tax receipt. While representatives of student organizations are welcome to write personalized acknowledgments, this should be coordinated with Chicago-Kent’s official gift acknowledgment process.
- It is your responsibility to adhere to dates listed to successfully raise funds.
Please direct questions to email@example.com or (312) 906-5240. Requests should be submitted using the online form: