ASCK Week is a 5-day extravaganza of opportunities for students to network and connect with Chicago-Kent Alumni as well as to gain valuable career-related skills. Please plan on participating in one or more of the opportunities listed below, and RSVP through the Events section of Symplicity. You will be contacted to set up specific time slots for each event closer to the event date:
Take a Student To Work Day : Any Day, October 5-9
- Spend a day shadowing an attorney in his or her work place. It’s a great opportunity for students to experience different practice areas first-hand.
Resume Reviews : Monday, October 5, all day
- Have your resumes reviewed by an alumnus/a in a 20-minute one-on-one session.
Informational Interviews : Tuesday, October 6, all day
- Take half an hour to meet with an alumnus/a in an informational interview setting. This technique allows you to explore more career possibilities by hearing experiences and advice from current practicing lawyers or from those who have taken alternative career paths.
Mock Interviews : Wednesday, October 7, all day
- Need to sharpen your interview skills? Schedule a 30-minute mock interview with an alumnus/a to learn crucial interviewing techniques.
Etiquette Dinner : Thursday, October 8, 5:30 pm
- Have you always wanted to learn the finer points of etiquette? Join us for a 3-course meal and tips and techniques from Jill Bremer, AICI, CIP, a certified image consultant. You’ll learn what all those forks are really for, as well as many other etiquette tips.
- RSVP to the Alumni Office
Service Day : Friday, October 9, 12-5 pm
- Join us for an afternoon of giving back to the community. We’ll begin the afternoon with a lunch and a keynote address on the importance of pro bono work by Prof. Terrance Norton, current director of the Center for Open Government and former national director of pro bono at Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP. The afternoon will be spent volunteering for the Chicago Park District.
Practice Area Panels : Tuesday and Thursday, October 6 and 8, noon
- Lunch-time panels will speak on various legal practice areas including litigation, corporate law, alternate legal careers, real estate and others!