Don't Forget to Accept your Awards
If you have not accepted or declined your loans please do so as soon as possible.† You must use your myIIT account to accept/decline your loans. If you do not accept your loans we cannot process them which will can result in a delayed refund check.
Fall 2009 Disbursement Schedule
Disbursement: August 14, 2009
Disbursement: August 24, 2009
Disbursement: August 24, 2009
Fall Loan Disbursement Process: Step-by-Step
All loan funds, federal, and private, are sent directly to the school according to the disbursement schedule listed above.
1. When we receive the funds, we must verify that you are eligible to receive the funds. This process takes 1-3 business days. When the funds are released
2. The funds are then credited to your tuition account.
3. If a credit balance exists after the funds have been credited, the Bursar's Office generates a refund check for you. This process takes 5-7 business days.
4. The Bursar's Office will then notify you when the check is ready to be picked up.
If you have any questions regarding the financial aid funds that have been credited to your account, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
If you have any questions regarding the status of your refund check or charges on your account, please contact the Bursar's Office at 312-906-5160.
Federal Work Study Information
Federal Work Study funds were added to the Financial Aid awards of all eligible Downtown Campus students. Detailed information regarding Federal Work Study can be found on the Office of Fianncial AId website by click here.
Chase Removed from Lender List
Chase recently made changes to their Federal Student Loan Program†that we feel are not beneficial to the studentís of IITís Downtown †Campus. For this reason, Chase Student Loans has been removed for the IIT-Downtown Campus Lender List. The detailed changes are:†
- Chase no longer offers a co-signer option for its Graduate Plus loan.
- The Graduate Plus loan application no longer has the option to appeal a credit decision. For this reason, if a student is initially denied credit they no longer have the option to explain the credit issue or correct the credit issue in order to receive an approval.
Please be aware that you have the option to switch lenders if you want. If you choose to change lenders please complete a new promissory note with the lender of your choice and email our office to inform us to your decision. The updated Graduate Plus loan promissory note is located here.
2009-2010 Scholarship Status
Chicago Kent Full Tuition Scholars and Honors Scholars
Please be aware that full tuition and Honors scholarships for continuing students are initially based on your fall enrollment as of July 28th. All full tuition and honors scholarship awards for continuing students will be adjusted to actual enrollment after the last day to add and drop classes.
Kent Scholarships Awarded for Continuing Students
Kent Scholarships for the 2009-2010 academic year have been posted to the accounts of all eligible students. If you received a scholarship it may have changed the amount of your Federal Graduate Plus or Stafford Loan. For this reason, please use your myIIT account to view your financial aid award and make any necessary changes. If you have not accepted or declined your loans please do so as soon as possible.† Please be aware that we will not process loans unless the award funds are accepted. †
If you have question about your scholarship eligibility or if there seems to be a problem with your scholarship award amount please contact the Office of Admissions at 312-906-5020.
New Promissory Note Required for 09-10
Since the IIT school as lender program is currently suspended, all students that used IIT c/o IDAPP for their Stafford Loan during the 2008-2009 academic are required to choose a new Stafford Loan Lender for the 2009-2010 academic year. Please complete a new promissory note with the lender of your choice as soon as possible. The link to the lender list is located here: http://www.kentlaw.edu/depts/finaid/federalstaffordloan.html
2009-2010 Financial Aid Deadline
All Downtown Campus Students
Our recommend completion date for your Financial Aid file was 6/19/2009. Even if your file is not complete by June 20th you are still eligible to apply and receive financial aid but please be aware that your funds may not disburse by the first week of class. If you have questions regarding whether you have to complete a new promissory note please contact the Office of financial aid at email@example.com or 312-906-5160. To complete your file you must compete the following:
- Complete a 2009-2010 FAFSA
- Accept the amount of aid that you would like to receive by using your myIIT account. Please be aware that since your initial financial aid award is based on the minimum required enrollment, you may be eligible for an increase in the Federal Graduate Plus Loan. To help you determine how much additional Graduate Plus Loan funds you may need, please complete the Estimated Cost Worksheet. If you wish to have your Graduate Plus Loan increased, please email the Office of Financial Aid with the exact amount that you are requesting along with your enrollment intentions for the fall and spring terms.
- Continuing students
- If you previously received a Stafford and Graduate Plus loan at IIT- DTC, there is no need to complete a new promissory note. If you have never received the loan that you have accepted, please complete the relevant promissory notes (except Perkins) with the lender of your choice.
Submit any additional required documentation All required documentation is listed in your myIIT account.
- Complete the relevant promissory notes (except Perkins) with the lender of your choice.
Did you miss the Repayment Plan Workshop?
If you were unable to attend the "Pick a Plan" workshop, you can view the video of the session by clicking here. You must have Real Player installed on your computer.
Click here to download the PowerPoint presentation to follow along with the session. If you have any questions please contact our office at 312-906-5180.
Graduate Plus Loan Repayment Answers
Question from Student:
I received a letter from my lender saying that the first
payment on my Graduate PLUS loan is due in June. Is this
Some graduating students may be receiving notifications from their lenders
indicating that the first payment on their Graduate PLUS
Loan is due within the next few months. One of the terms
of the Graduate PLUS loan is that repayment begins 60 days
after the last disbursement of the loan. There is technically grace period for this loan.
At your request most lenders will align your first Graduate Plus payment with your Stafford Loans, which have a 6 month grace period. If you take advantage of this option then the payments on your Graduate Plus and Stafford Loans will not begin until December or January. All of the lenders on the Downtown Campus lender list offer this 6 month forbearance/alignment option. In order to be sure that your Graduate Plus Loans are not due until December please contact your lender directly
to verify or request this option as soon as possible.
If you did not choose one of the
lenders on our lender list, please contact you
lender as soon as possible to find out if they offer a
Using the myIIT Portal to view your Award
For information and instructions about logging into the myIIT portal to view your 2008-2009 financial aid award please click here.
Refund checks are generated by the Bursar's Office
and are available to be picked up at their office
(Room 290) approximately 5-7 business days after a
credit has resulted in a student's account.
The Bursar's Office will send the student an email
when a refund check is available.
Free Credit Report
Did you know that you are now able to
receive a free credit report once every 12 months?
We encourage students to review their credit reports
annually to check for inaccuracies and identify any
To receive your free credit report,
please visit the following link: http://www.annualcreditreport.com.
This central site allows you to request a free credit
file disclosure, commonly called a credit report,
once every 12 months from each of the nationwide consumer
credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian and
Please be aware that other sites may
advertise free credit reports, but this is the only
site that is sponsored by the federal government and
the three nationwide credit reporting agencies. Other
sites may charge fees.
- Suite #230
Monday-Thursday ~ 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday ~ 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
Phone: (312) 906-5180 -
Fax: (312) 906-5274