Passwords to LoisLaw Now Available to
Creating a new Chicago-Kent user account at Loislaw.com requires the following steps:
1. Open Internet browser and type in URL: http://www.Loislaw.com
2. Click on “Special Access Code” link on left side list..
3. Click on “ABA Accredited Law Schools and Universities” link.
4. Click on “Register Now” link.
5. Fill in all required form fields. For Law School field choose: “IL:Illinois Institute of Tech.” In “Special Access Code” field type: ILLIT68 (this code is case sensitive), agree to the terms of the user agreement, then click on the “Submit” button.
6. Click “Confirm” button if all information is correct.
7. Begin your search.
If you need assistance, please ask a Reference Librarian.
Information Center provides Summer Lexis
and Westlaw Password Procedures.
This year Westlaw will extend passwords automatically over the summer for students who are not graduating. Therefore there is no online registration procedure for this and no postcard registration, as for previous years. Students should note that summer passwords are limited to two hours of research per month for June and July for LAW SCHOOL PURPOSES only, such as law review and summer school. Westlaw does not provide extended passwords for interns and externs.
Westlaw is offering graduating students a Before the Bar program which students may use to prepare for the bar for two months after graduation. The online registration for this is at http://lawschool.westlaw.com and includes filling out a survey form.
Information Center Summer Schedule.
Memorial Day Holiday
Friday, May 26
Link to Illinois legislative web site
provides daily information for the House of Representatives.
The Information Center Web page is located