The Information Center’s first tutorial of the summer session will cover how to Shepardize. We will focus primarily on the print format, but we will also show you how to use Shepard’s on LEXIS and KeyCite on Westlaw. There is no need to sign up for tutorials; just come to the Reference Desk at the scheduled time. You can find the schedule posted in the entry way of the library. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding tutorials, please e-mail Joe Mitzenmacher (JMITZENM).
Law Students, get your LoisLaw passwords.
Creating a new Chicago-Kent user account at Loislaw.com requires the following steps:
1. Open Internet browser and type in URL: http://www.Loislaw.com
2. Click on “Special Access Code” link on left side list..
3. Click on “ABA Accredited Law Schools and Universities” link.
4. Click on “Register Now” link.
5. Fill in all required form fields. For Law School field choose: “IL:Illinois Institute of Tech.” In “Special Access Code” field type: ILLIT68 (this code is case sensitive), agree to the terms of the user agreement, then click on the “Submit” button.
6. Click “Confirm” button if all information is correct.
7. Begin your search.
If you need assistance, please ask a Reference Librarian.
Keep your Lexis and Westlaw Passwords
active this Summer.
This year Westlaw will extend passwords automatically over the summer for students who are not graduating. Therefore there is no online registration procedure for this and no postcard registration, as for previous years. Students should note that summer passwords are limited to two hours of research per month for June and July for LAW SCHOOL PURPOSES only, such as law review and summer school. Westlaw does not provide extended passwords for interns and externs.
Westlaw is offering graduating students a Before the Bar program which students may use to prepare for the bar for two months after graduation. The online registration for this is at http://lawschool.westlaw.com and includes filling out a survey form.
Information Center's Summer schedule.
The Information Center Web page is located