The Registrar's Office hours are 8:30am to 6:00pm (Monday-Thursday)and 8:30am to 5:00pm on Friday. If you have any questions regarding your academic records, the Registrar's Office staff will be happy to assist you. You can call us at (312) 906-5080, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Suite 220.
Fall 2014 Final Exams.
•Exam Schedule and Exam Number. The final exam schedule for the current semester is available here. You will be notified of the classroom assignments for your exams prior to the start of exam period. To find your personal exam schedule, go to your Web for Students account and navigate to "Fall 2014" link under the "Schedule" heading in the lefthand menu. Your exam number is also provided there.
•Exam Conflict/Reschedule Requests. The period is now closed for requesting an exam reschedule due to an exam conflict or other reason.
•Exams Method Registration. The period is now closed for exam method registration.
Notices about SofTest: Students taking exams on laptop must download and install the SofTest exam-taking program. You will receive information from the Information Technology Services department about when and how to do this. Even though you do not need to submit an Exam Method Registration form to use your laptop for exams, you do need to download and install SofTest.
Unless a professor specifies otherwise, SofTest is configured to lock students out of other programs and services on their computers for the duration of the exam. This means that, unless a professor specifically authorizes access, students will not have access to notes, outlines, or other materials stored on their hard drive or the network.
The Information Technology Services department (ITS) will provide detailed information on the use of laptop computers and Lab computers during exams. For now, please make a note of the following items:
- All students have to download the latest version of SofTest software. Previously installed SofTest versions may not work for the Fall 2014 exams and have to be uninstalled prior to the installation of the new version.
- The SofTest software for exams will be available for download beginning November 18, 2014.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are the only supported Windows platforms for exams. Windows XP and Windows 8 RT are not supported.
- Mac Mavericks, Mac Mountain Lion and Mac Lion are the only supported Mac OS X platforms for exams on computer at Chicago-Kent. Mac "Tiger" (Mac OS 10.4), "Leopard" (Mac OS 10.5.6) and "Snow Leopard" (Mac OS 10.6.8) are no longer supported.
- Mac OS X "Yosemite" (10.10) is not officialy supported at this time. ExamSoft hopes to enable support by Fall 2014 exams.
- A native Mac version of the SofTest exam-taking software is available for Mac users to download. "Virtualized" Windows operating systems via products such as Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion will not function for exams.
- Any individual found to be running an unlicensed or "pirated" operating system on their computer may be declined technical assistance.
Notice About Borrowing Laptops:
The Information Technology Services department has a limited supply of laptop computers reserved for use in emergency situations that arise during exam period. These laptops may be used (subject to availability) if your computer has problems immediately before or during an exam, as long as the problem is not due to your failing to properly configure or register your laptop to run the SofTest program. Because of limited supply, the ITS department's laptops are not
available for general loaning purposes during exam period. However, if you have exceptional circumstances that you believe justify borrowing a laptop for an exam, please contact Dean Sowle to discuss your situation.
Notice to Hand Writers:
Students who are hand writing an exam will be placed in the same room used by laptop users for that exam. Hand writers will not be put in a separate room.
•Availability of Professors' Old Exams.
Many professors make their old exams available for students to review. Exams after 1982 are available online by clicking here
. Exams dating from 1982 and before are bound in volumes available in the 10th floor reading room in the Library.
•Pass/Fail Revocation - Deadline December 4, 2014
You can now elect to revoke your choices by end the of classes, Thursday, December 4, 2014.
Log into Web for Students.
Select the "Revoke Pass/Fail Status " option under the "Online Forms" heading
Select the course you would like to revoke on a pass/fail basis
Submit your selection
Spring 2015 Preliminary Schedule. The Spring 2015 prelminary schedule is linked to this page. Please note: The preliminary schedule was issued last April (prior to registration for the current Fall 2014 semester), and there will be changes and additions to the schedule before it is finalized. We anticipate issuing the final schedule during the week of November 17.
Official Student Withdrawal Process.
Students wishing to request a leave of absence from their course of study or complete an official withdrawal from the university should now initiate the process online. To begin the process, log in to the MyIIT portal and under the ‘Academics’ tab, look for the ‘Academic Affairs’ channel. Chicago-Kent students should follow the ‘I want to take a leave of absence or officially withdraw’ link under the ‘Chicago-Kent College of Law’ header.
Questions regarding the leave of absence or withdrawal process should be directed to email@example.com.