Orientation Leaders and Mentors Wanted. Each year, entering students tell us that much of their most informative and valuable information comes from other students. As someone who has been there, your advice can be critical to the success of our incoming class. As an Orientation Leader, your tasks may include leading a lunch or dinner discussion with a group of students on the first day of Orientation (Monday, August 18, 2008); helping take ID photos; or answering questions and giving advice. As a Mentor, you will be paired with one or two first-year students to provide one-on-one advice and guidance about adjusting to the law school experience.
If interested in being a Mentor: Fill out the online form linked to this page by July 14, 2008. You will be contacted with your match information no later than the first week of classes.
If interested in being an Orientation Leader: Please e-mail Jenna Moroney. We will follow-up closer to the start of the school year with teh schedule and plan of events
Women's Bar Public Service Award:
- Female student in her final year of law school or a recent graduate
- Currently pursuing or has obtained, employment involving legal services in the not-for-profit or public sector
- Strong academic record
- Extracurricular activities reflecting community involvement or commitment to public service
- Demonstrated financial need
- Involvement with diversity initiatives
- Personal qualities suggesting a future leadership role in the legal community
This is a self-nomination process
Click here for a copy og the application,
or stop into the Student Services Office (room 310A) to pick up an application.
Counseling Center Information: IIT's Counseling Center will have a staff psychologist at the Law School on Mondays throughout the academic year. She will be available by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call (312) 808-7132. There is no charge for these counseling services.
Finals Stress Relief:
More information to follow. Watch out for Stress Relief Massages, Snacks and More...