ITC Student Associate Positions
Illinois Technology Center for Law & the Public Interest (ITC) Student Associate positions provide law students the opportunity to explore access to justice issues, including the use of technology in legal services, alternative legal services delivery models, e-lawyering and pro se litigant assistance through the internet. ITC will be hiring 2 law students for spring 2005 to work 15-20 hours/per week, and, if interested, with the possibility of hours for summer 2005 and beyond.
ITC, www.itcweb.org, is a statewide collaboration of legal services providers, whose mission is to provide low-income individuals, and the attorneys who serve them, with greater access to legal information through the use of technology. ITC’s three websites serve pro se litigants, legal aid attorneys and pro bono attorneys and are located at www.illinoislawhelp.org, www.illinoislegalaid.org and www.illinoisprobono.org, respectively.
The Student Associate(s) will assist in the development and maintenance of innovative web resources, including text information, forms and multimedia presentations. Specific activities include the following:
The position will require a commitment of up to 40 hours per week for the summer. For more information about the position, please contact Daniel J. Rieken, Director of Content Development, at 312.906.5323. To apply, submit your resume to Tony Ratliff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Working with and supporting 32 expert attorneys selected from the Illinois legal aid community to develop and maintain legal training and practice support materials for the Illinois legal aid communities and for pro se litigants on three websites;
- Researching, drafting and editing of web based legal education materials and legal forms with instructions for attorneys and the public;
- Developing web based document assembly modules;
- Preparing and assisting with content and presentations related to live video webcasts and archived video presentations; and
- Editing, organizing and publishing content submitted by attorney experts and editors throughout the State of Illinois for the three websites.