AFFIDAVIT OF FARLEY VROOM
- I am a citizen of Illinois.
- I reside in Wheeling, Illinois, living
at 2131 - 22d Street South, Apartment 102.
- I am 35-years old.
- I am a salesman at Yamahonda’s dealer on Shermer Road
in Northrook, IL.
- I graduated from Buffalo Grove High School in 1992.
- I have worked for Yamahonda since 1992 and know the full line of Yamahoda motorcycles.
- On 15 February 2012, a young man named Ryan Christensen came into the
store wanting to purchase a motorcycle.
- I showed him several models he might be interested in, including a “Penumbra
Sport” and a “Penumbra Safe.”
- The only differences between the two models were that the Penumbra Safe
had leg protection bars, and the Penumbra Sport did not, and the Sport
was priced at $9,299.00, while the Safe was priced at $10,799.00.
- Mr. Christensen seemed very certain of his knowledge of motorcycles,
derived from his job as a bicycle messenger.
- “I know how to take care of myself,” he said, “I don’t need the protection
and I certainly am not going to pay an additional $1500 for it.”
- So I sold him the Yamahonda Sport. He paid cash and rode it off the lot,