IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS
v. Civil Action No.
Officer Christopher L. Cue
AFFIDAVIT OF AUSTIN BENNAZA
am a citizen of
2. I was born on August 27, 1988.
3. I am a law student and very familiar with the law.
4. On or about
5. I was not speeding or driving in any way that would cause a reasonable police officer to make a traffic stop.
6. After I stopped, Officer Cue was belligerant, demeaning, and physically menacing, speaking in a rough, loud voice, and repeatedly calling me a "spoiled brat," and a "self-indulgent rich kid," who "races around in his Mommy's Jaguar."
7. I did not feel free to leave because of Officer Cue’ show of authority.
8. I did nothing to provoke Officer Cue and was in the process of complying with his request for my driver’s license, while rebuking Badertscher for his primitive, rude and insolent manner.
9. While I was thus detained, Officer Cue smacked my hands and snatched my wallet away from me. while at the same time raising his flashlight as if to hit me with it.
10. To avoid being hit by the flashlight, I turned to run away, and stumbled over the curb, suffering a concussion, bruised ribs, and a twisted ankle.
11. Before this incident,
I have been stopped repeatedly, without cause, by the
12. I incurred medical expenses in excess of $25,000, and suffer severe emotional distress, among other things being afraid to go out with my friends in Chicago in the evenings when that necessitates returning home in an automobile travelling through Kenilworth.