Title Assurance basic hypos
- Suzanne Jackiw sells Whiteacre to Tyler Forni, never having
owned it. Alexandra Beckov actually owns it
- Who wins in Forni v. Beckov?
- Suppose Forni records the deed?
- Ryan Hennekensells Blackacre, which he owns, to Jackiw,
and then sells it again to Ryan Devall
- No one records deed
- Who wins in Devall v. Jackiw?
- Jackiw records
- Everything is correct on deed
- Deed says "property known as L'acre noir"
- Deed shows grantee as "Susan Jackie"
- Deed shows grantor as "Grant Orr"
- Deed shows grantor as "Hennigan"
- Deed says "all my real property, wherever located"
- Deed says "the property I got from my step-father."
- Henneken enters into a 5-year lease for Blackacre with Joaquin
Sena before transactions described above
- Henneken grants a springing executory interest to Lorien
Schoenstedt, "on my death"
- Molly Condon has been operating a metal recycling plant
on Blackacre for 21 years; Condon sues Jackiw and Devall to quiet title in
Martinez. Who wins?