1. From problem 2(b) on p685
a. Who prevails if property is in Minnesota?
b. Who prevails if property is in Illinois?
c. C sues title co. Title insurance policy tracks ALTA form. Recovery?
2. Grant McAdams conveys unit 111 condo
to Heather Glaser; unit 211 is occupied by Orange Day, which has become famous
for composing and performing heavy metal songs in which the main percussion
instrument is a jack hammer. The band practices every evening from 6 PM to 1
AM. McAdams has given away all his worldly possessions and joined a Buddhist
monastery in Nepal. Glaser sues on title insurance policy, which tracks ALTA
form. Recovery? On what theory?
3. Palladino sues title co for (a) Weber
couch easement, (b) Hassanalizadeh lease, (c) Flybynight mortgage. Recovery?
4. Lease is to Hassanalizadeh, his assignees, heirs, and assigns; Palladino sues on title policy. Recovery?
5. Weber has rigged couch with wireless Internet setup, a small microwave, a small refrigerator, and a small clothes closet. Inspection, conversation between Palladino and Manzo
6. Title co gives opinion, "Something strange is going on with the couch; we believe there is an easement not of record." Palladino closes, sues title co. Recovery?