Landlord-tenant war stories (Landlord obligations)
1. Shaila Manjiyani leases premises shown on diagram to Alexander Michelini. Michelini organizes club football league which plays on parcel A and parcel B. Manjiyani constructs an abandoned pets shelter on parcel B. Michelini claims breach of covenant of quiet enjoyment/constructive eviction. Prospects for success?
2. Manjiyani leases premises shown on second diagram. Michelini inspects it before signing lease. Enters into occupancy, sues for breach of covenant of quiet enjoyment/constructive eviction.
3. -LL turned off heat to force out undesired tenant
4. LL shows up with tiger and shotgun;
"get out or I'll sic her on you and then blow you away."
6. LL pours concrete into kitchen= partial constructive eviction p490 n.4
7. garbage left by previous tenant
8. Broken front door lock
9. T gets marine friend to set up armed checkpoint at entrance; other tenants complain
10. broken kitchen window
11. no front door key
12. bathroom toilet clogged-use outhouse
13. inoperative bathroom light and outlet
14. inoperative closet light and outlet
15. leak from apartment above; plasterboard fell on bed and
16. broken sewage pipe; smell
17. Anonymous hang-up phone calls
18. Internet connection fails
20. No heat
21. No microwave
22. Hurricane Katrina
23. upstairs tenants complain about rock music coming through floor
24. Edgar Allen Poe: they drag chair on floor
25. knowingly permit another part to be used for lewd purposes: what's "lewd"?
26. Jacuzzi does not work
27. Hire homeless person as doorman
28. Failure to supply fresh flowers every day