Headlines for the Week of January 25, 2021
| Office of the Dean
- Centennial Lecture, February 3
| Student Services
- Bar exam basics session: January 26.
- Fall 2020 grades and class ranks.
- Spring 2021 semester Information.
- Revised Spring schedule (with classroom assignments).
- COVID-19 testing and diagnoses.
- Applications to be all-online.
- Class technology guide for Spring 2021.
- Applications for graduation.
- Adding and dropping classes.
- Exam information.
- Pass/fail elections.
- Classrooms for remote classes.
- ID cards.
- Returning to Chicago from another state.
- Legal Writing 4 Equivalency Class.
- Academic calendar for Spring 2021.
- Graduating students: reduced loads and tuition discounts.
- Experiential course requirement.
- 64-credit classroom course requirement
- Counseling services.
- Dean's certificates for the February bar exam.
- July 2021 Illinois bar applications.
- Bar exams in other states.
- MPRE: Registration deadlines for 2021 exam dates.
- Employment limitation.
- Academic counseling.
- Check out the Chicago-Kent Bar Prep website.
- Office hours.
- Enrollment verifications.
- Spring 2021 Registration.
- Replacement ID cards.
- Official student withdrawal process.
- 2021-2022 FAFSA Available October 1, 2020.
- 2020-2021 FAFSA Still Available
- Securing Your Sensitive Documents
- Changes to Origination Fees
- 2020-2021 Financial Aid Awarding
- Note to 3Ls: Financial Aid Eligibility for Credits Earned
- How to reach the Student Accounting Office during social distancing protocols.
- Information and Announcements:
- Counseling appointments available by phone and by Zoom.
- Free ABA memberships for students.
- CSO Google Drive: New Civil Rights and Career Advice Resources Added.
- Chicago-Kent's Community Based Federal Work Study: Watch the Recorded Presentation to Learn How You Can Use Your FWS Award.
- Prepare for OCI with Vault Campus.
- CSO Panopto: Watch Informational Videos and Previous Programs
- Watch the Winter 2021 Formal Recruiting Informational Video
- Health Law Society Workshop with Shriver Center on Poverty Law - January 25, 3 p.m.
- Office of the State Appellate Defender: Attorney Panel - January 27, 3 p.m.
- Elevate Services (Legal Consulting and Operations) - Information Panel, January 27, 12 p.m.
- Illinois State Bar Association Rural Practice Initiative - Info Session January 29 at 12 p.m.
- Preparing for MPILCC (Midwest Public Interest Law Career Conference), February 2 at 12 p.m.
- Why Mindset Matters in Law School, in Practice and Beyond - February 5 at 12 p.m.
- Employment Opportunities:
- Federal Work-Study applications open for Spring 2021 - Watch the Informational Video
- New Recruiting Opportunities for 2Ls.
- Equal Justice Works: Rural Summer Legal Corp., Deadline February 8.
- Public Interest Law Initiative: Application Open for Over 25 Participating Agencies.
- Illinois Rural Practice Initiative.
- Fellowships and Scholarships:
- Schweitzer Health Justice school-year student fellowship: deadline February 1
- Job Fairs:
- 2021 Lavender Law Conference & Career Fair: July 28 - 30 - Registration Now Open.
- Midwest Public Interest Law Career Conference (MPILCC): Student confirmation and cancellation period begins January 27 at 12 p.m.
- 2021 Lavender Law Conference & Career Fair: July 28 - 30 - Registration Now Open
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) 1L Scholars Program: Applications Now Open, Deadlines Vary by Employer.
- Finnegan Diversity Scholarship: Application Now Open; Closes February 15, 2021
- Association of American Law Schools Member Schools Symposia Calendar
- Washington DC: Public Interest Jobs Clearinghouse and US House of Representatives Employment Bulletin
- Symplicity App
- Chicago Area Law Firm List
- Resume and Cover Letter Guides available in the Symplicity Document Library
- Government Honors & Internship Handbook and Public Policy Handbook
- Practising Law Institute (PLI)
- CSO Resources - new resources added regularly
- Resources provided by the Chicago Bar Association
- @theBar Podcast for Young Lawyers
- Sign up for the Alumni Advisor Network to connect with alumni throughout the world.
- Connect with the Chicago-Kent College of Law Alumni Association on LinkedIn.
- Find volunteer opportunities through the Public Interest Resource Center.
- External scholarships information has been moved.
| Academics & Student Programs
- Visit us on Social Media
- New Clinical Professor Jamie Franklin is in the news
- Clinical Professor Ed Kraus blog post on Vaccine Safety
- Newsletter is up!
- Clinical Professor Richard Kling in the News
- Certificate Programs: You can still apply.
- International Center Downtown Campus hours and travel signatures.
- Volunteer Opportunity: Self-Help Web Center.
| Computing & Information Services
- Important tech information for Spring 2021
- Phishing attacks on the rise: Be vigilant
- My.iit.edu portal: Chicago-Kent Tab.
- Hawki APP.
- Upgraded Tech classrooms.
- Return to campus connect to wifi and printers.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection now available for Windows 10.
- Microsoft Office 365 download information.
- Best Practices: Safeguarding your computer from phishing attacks, hackers, etc.
- Connect to IIT-Secure wireless network with your Chicago-Kent email address.
- Eduroam available at Chicago-Kent.
- Student printing from remote locations available.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Antivirus available for student use.
- Service alerts and news.
- Security updates and spam.
- IIT print channel is for Main Campus printing only and not for use at the Downtown Campus.
- Weekly maintenance schedule.
- Library Hours.
- Become a fan of the library: Find us on Facebook!
- General library policies.
- CALI redesigns website for better experience.
- CALI Law School Success Fellows releases new CALI lessons.
- Get free, unlimited access to CALI Lessons in less than five minutes.
- Access2Practice Legal Externship Program--Spring 2021 Semester.
- Judicial Externship Program--Spring 2021 Semester.
| Institutes & Centers
- No current announcements.
| Administrative Offices/General
- Conviser Law Center Scheduled Events.
- Building and library hours.
- Bookstore hours.
- Spakateria hours.
- Chicago-Kent Student Employment Procedures.
- 2021 Biweekly Calendar
- 2021 Monthly Calendar
- Spring 2021 Discount Parking for Conviser Law Center Faculty, Staff & Students
- Defibrillator at the Conviser Law Center Campus.
- Conviser Law Center safety tips.
- Administration and Finance office hours.
- Reserving a Room at Conviser Law Center.
- Join the Chicago-Kent Advocates.
- Admissions office hours.
- Record templates available for staff.
| Student Organizations
Student Organizations: Please send your Record headlines and the full announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Thursdays for the following Monday's issue.