Headlines for the Week of March 27, 2017
| Office of the Dean
- Congratulations to our Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition team for placing fourth in the national finals!
- Congratulations to our National Trial Competition team for finishing in the national quarterfinals!
| Student Services
| Academics & Student Programs
- C-K Law Group In-House Clinic applications now available. Summer due date is noon on April 3.
- Certificate Programs: Applications now available.
- Access2Practice Legal Externship Program.
- New certificate program.
- Professor Kling is interviewed on WGN-TV.
- Intensive Clinic.
- Law Offices Newsletter.
- Law Offices student argues before U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- In the news: Articles featuring clinical faculty.
- For a description of all in-house clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at www.kentlaw.iit.edu/legal-clinics.
- For a description of all externship programs, please visit the Externship Program home page at www.kentlaw.iit.edu/externships.
- International Center Downtown Campus hours and travel signatures.
- Call for Legal Research and Writing teaching assistants for 2017-18 (first-year and upper-level courses).
- New entry this week:
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) Class Action Litigation Group Law Student Writing Competition.
| Computing & Information Services
- Spring 2017 Help Desk hours.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection now available for Windows 10.
- Microsoft Office 365 download information.
- ITS announcements.
- Best Practices: Safeguarding your computer from phishing attacks, hackers, etc.
- Connect to IIT-Secure wireless network with Chicago-Kent email address.
- How to change and sync your password.
- Eduroam available at Chicago-Kent.
- Student printing from remote locations available.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Antivirus available for student use.
- Service alerts and news.
- Security updates and spam.
- IIT print channel is for Main Campus printing only and not for use at the Downtown Campus.
- Weekly maintenance schedule.
- Take a virtual tour of the library.
- Library hours.
- Become a fan of the library: Find us on Facebook!
- General library policies.
- CALI Lessons: Free study materials for law students.
| Institutes & Centers
- Looking for legal experience this semester? Volunteer with the Self-Help Web Center at the Cook County Circuit Court.
| Administrative Offices/General
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Spring building and library hours.
- Spakateria hours.
- Bookstore hours.
- Final exam hours for building and library.
- Bike rental program: Share CyCKles Bicycle Rentals.
- Spring 2017 procedures for hiring students and part-time and temporary "non-benefits-eligible" staff.
- 2017 biweekly pay calendar.
- 2017 monthly pay calendar.
- Spring 2017 discount parking for DTC faculty, staff and students.
- Defibrillator at the Downtown Campus.
- Downtown Campus safety tips.
- Shuttle bus schedule.
- Administration and Finance office hours.
- Online room reservation form.
- Join the Chicago-Kent Advocates.
- Admissions office hours.
- April 4: The 39th annual Kenneth M. Piper Lecture.
- April 20 and 21: The 34th annual Section 1983 Civil Rights Litigation Conference. Volunteers wanted.
- May 18: The 36th annual Federal Tax Institute. Volunteers wanted.
- June 8: The 36th annual Conference on Not-for-Profit Organizations. Volunteers wanted.
- Record templates available for staff.
- Human Resources hours at the Downtown Campus. HR now found in room 285 on Tuesdays.
| Student Organizations
Student Organizations: Please send your Record headlines and the full announcements to email@example.com by noon on Thursdays for the following Monday's issue.
- March 29: Student gift party.
- April 4: "IP Law & 3D Printing" event.
- April 4: Class-picking panel.
- April 25: IPLS Alumni Awards.
- April 6: 26th annual KJF Spring Auction. Updated on 3/27/17.
- March 30: "I'm on Sick Leave" panel discussion.