Headlines for the Week of January 27, 2020
| Office of the Dean
| Student Services
- Spring 2020 semester information:
- Initial reading assignments and course materials.
- Revised spring schedule (with classroom and exam information).
- Canceled classes and section.
- Applications for graduation.
- Trial Advocacy sections.
- Adding and dropping classes.
- Pass/fail elections.
- Legal Writing 4 equivalency class.
- 2019-20 academic calendar.
- Graduating students: Reduced loads and tuition discounts.
- U-Passes for spring 2020.
- Experiential course requirement.
- 64-credit classroom course requirement.
- Timeline for GPAs and class ranks.
- Academic Support Program.
- Preparing for the bar: Bar refresher series.
- Legal writing ethics guidelines.
- New extended hours for the Chicago-Kent Library.
- Student Affairs Office.
- Dean's certificate for February bar.
- July 2020 Illinois bar application.
- Bar exams in other states.
- Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE): Important announcement.
- Notice about recording of classes.
- FERPA rights and notification of access to educational records.
- Student health insurance.
- Lawyers Assistance Program: Office hours at Chicago-Kent and other services.
- Academic calendar for 2020-21.
- IIT political activity policy.
- Employment limitation.
- Academic counseling.
- Joke of the week.
- Check out the Chicago-Kent Bar Prep website.
- 2020 Spring Bar Prep Sessions & Workshops for 3Ls.
- Office hours.
- Spring 2020 semester information.
- Accessing your fall 2019 grades.
- Enrollment verifications.
- February 3: Application for graduation deadline.
- February 3: Deadline for pass/fail elections.
- Replacement ID cards.
- Official student withdrawal process.
- Spring 2020 disbursement schedule.
- Chicago-Kent honors and full-tuition scholarships.
- Spring disbursement process.
- 2020-21 FAFSA available now.
- Information and Announcements:
- 1Ls: You can now make an appointment with your career advisor!
- 2Ls and 3Ls: Make an appointment with your career advisor!
- Interview preparation and mock interviews available through the CSO.
- Free ABA memberships for students.
- January 30: Corporate Counsel Night.
- February 13: Seyfarth Shaw hosts "Top Trends in Workplace Class Action Litigation."
- February 27: Husch Blackwell Winter Open House for First-Year Law Students.
- Employment Opportunities:
- The Albert Schwitzer Fellowship for Public Health. Applications are open now.
- Federal Work Study applications open for spring 2020.
- Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI): Applications open for spring 2020 and summer 2020.
- Rural Summer Legal Corps. Application deadline is February 10.
- Immigration Summer Legal Corps Program. Application deadline is February 18.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Mentoring Program accepting applications. Applications open now.
- 1L LCLD Scholar Opportunities.
- Reed Smith 1L Diversity Fellowship Programs. Application deadline varies.
- Benesch 1L Diversity Fellowship. Application deadline is January 31.
- Barnes & Thornburg Diversity Scholarships. Applications deadline is February 1.
- Finnegan Diversity Scholarship. Application deadline is February 7.
- 2019-20 Chicago-Area Law Firm List. Updated and available.
- Updated Résumé and Cover Letter Guides are now available in the Symplicity Document Library.
- Government Honors & Internship Handbook and Public Policy Handbook: Updated version available.
- ABA Student Loan Best Practices in the Face of Political Change.
- ABA Law Student Podcast: Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
- Practising Law Institute (PLI).
- CSO resources.
- Resources provided by the Chicago Bar Association.
- PracticeTracks videos.
- @theBar Podcast for Young Lawyers.
- Sign up for the Alumni Advisor Network to connect with alumni throughout the world.
- Student-Alumni Board.
- Connect with the Chicago-Kent College of Law Alumni Association on LinkedIn.
- Student Organizations: Want to connect with alumni?
- Find volunteer opportunities through the Public Interest Resource Center.
- Apply now for the For the People Scholarship Award.
- Apply now for the Morgan Law Group Scholarship Award.
| Academics & Student Programs
- C-K Law Group clinic: Summer and fall 2020 information.
- New Immigration Law Clinic.
- Follow us on social media.
- Certificate Programs: You can still apply.
- Gary Laser Professionalism Award.
- Fleischman Award.
- Professor Kling is interviewed on WGN-TV.
- Reggie the Cat!
- Intensive Clinic.
- Law Offices Newsletter.
- In the news: Articles featuring clinical faculty.
- For a description of all in-house clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at www.kentlaw.iit.edu/legal-clinics.
- For a description of all externship programs, please visit the Externship Program home page at www.kentlaw.iit.edu/externships.
- International Center Downtown Campus hours and travel signatures.
- Volunteer Opportunity: Self-Help Web Center.
- New: Epstein Becker Green Health Law Writing Competition.
- LSAC Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Writing Competition.
- Marshall M. Schulman Competition for Student Papers in Criminal Law and/or Criminal Procedure.
- American Indian Law Review National Writing Competition.
| Computing & Information Services
- Help Desk spring hours. (updated 1/27/2020)
- Student print/scan/copy accounts reset.
- Office 2016 Windows available for download.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection now available for Windows 10.
- Microsoft Office 365 download information.
- ITS announcements.
- Best Practices: Safeguarding your computer from phishing attacks, hackers, etc.
- Connect to IIT-Secure wireless network with your Chicago-Kent email address.
- Eduroam available at Chicago-Kent.
- Student printing from remote locations available.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Antivirus available for student use.
- Service alerts and news.
- Security updates and spam.
- IIT print channel is for Main Campus printing only and not for use at the Downtown Campus.
- Weekly maintenance schedule.
- New library hours for spring 2020.
- Become a fan of the library: Find us on Facebook!
- General library policies.
- CALI redesigns website for better experience.
- CALI Law School Success Fellows releases new CALI lessons.
- Get free, unlimited access to CALI Lessons in less than five minutes.
- Legal and judicial externships.
| Institutes & Centers
- No current announcements.
| Administrative Offices/General
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Building and library hours.
- Spakateria hours.
- Farmer's Fridge.
- Bookstore hours.
- Fall 2019 procedures for hiring students and part-time and temporary "non-benefits-eligible" staff.
- 2019 biweekly pay calendar.
- 2019 monthly pay calendar.
- Fall 2019 discount parking rates for DTC faculty, staff and students.
- Defibrillator at the Downtown Campus.
- Downtown Campus safety tips.
- Administration and Finance office hours.
- Online room reservation form.
- Join the Chicago-Kent Advocates.
- Admissions office hours.
- February 9: National Security Law Conference.
- April 23 to 24: 37th annual Section 1983 Civil Rights Litigation Conference.
- Record templates available for staff.
- New Human Resources hours at the Downtown Campus.
| Student Organizations
Student Organizations: Please send your Record headlines and the full announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Thursdays for the following Monday's issue.
- Volunteer opportunity with the Transformative Justice Law Project's Name Change Mobilization.
- February 9: Holocaust and the Law: Lessons For Today, hosted by the Center for National Security and Human Rights Law.