Headlines for the Week of September 21, 2020
| Office of the Dean
- Congratulations to Monica Pechous!
| Student Services
- List of classrooms available for remote classes.
- Academic calendar reminder: No classes Monday, September 28.
- ASP workshop on outlining.
- Contact helpdesk with any class technology issues.
- Check out the Chicago-Kent Bar Prep website.
- Office hours.
- Enrollment verifications.
- Spring 2020 Diplomas.
- Fall 2020 registration.
- Replacement ID cards.
- Official student withdrawal process.
- 2020-2021 FAFSA Available Now
- 2020-2021 Financial Aid Awarding
- Note to 3Ls: Financial Aid Eligibility for Credits Earned
- How to reach the Student Accounting Office during social distancing protocols.
- Information and Announcements:
- Counseling appointments available by phone and by Zoom.
- Free ABA memberships for students.
- CSO Google Drive: Recently Added Resources.
- Webinar: How Biased Algorithms Create Negative Health Outcomes For People of Color, October 9, 7 p.m.
- Opportunities through the Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) - Tuesday, September 22, 12 p.m.
- Explore the Possibilities: Public Interest Law - Saturday, September 26, 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Chicago Area Law School Consortium Federal Government Careers Informational Session, Wednesday, October 7, 12 p.m.
- How to Land a Job in Law During a Global Pandemic - Thursday, October 1
- Spring 2021 Judicial Externship Program Informational Meeting: Tuesday, October 6, 12 p.m.
- Employment Opportunities:
- Federal Work-Study applications open for summer 2020.
- Cook County State's Attorney's Office: Apply to be an Assistant State's Attorney.
- Internal Revenue Service: Honors Attorney Program (3Ls) & SLIP (2Ls) program - Deadline Wednesday, September 30.
- Presidential Management Fellows Applicant Handbook Now Available - Application period September 30 - October 14.
- Fellowships and Scholarships:
- Diversity Scholarship Foundation: Application Deadline Extended to Friday, September 25, 2020
- Immigrant Justice Corps Fellowship Application Open: Deadline extended to October 28, 2020.
- Job Fairs:
- Loyola Patent Law Interview Program: Bidding opens September 1!
- Equal Justice Works: Conference & Career Fair, Registration open until October 19, Virtual Event October 22-25.
- Cook County Minority Job Fair: Additional registration period open until October 2, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Washington DC: Public Interest Jobs Clearinghouse and US House of Representatives Employment Bulletin
- Symplicity App
- Chicago Area Law Firm List
- Resume and Cover Letter Guides available in the Symplicity Document Library
- Government Honors & Internship Handbook & Public Policy Handbook
- Practising Law Institute (PLI)
- CSO Resources - CSO Google Drive
- Resources provided by the Chicago Bar Association
- @theBar Podcast for Young Lawyers
- Sign up for the Alumni Advisor Network to connect with alumni throughout the world.
- Connect with the Chicago-Kent College of Law Alumni Association on LinkedIn.
- Find volunteer opportunities through the Public Interest Resource Center.
- External scholarships information has been moved.
| Academics & Student Programs
- C-K Law Group Clinic - Spring 2021 Applications available mid-October
- Clinical Professor Richard Kling in the News
- Legal Externship Program - Spring 2021 Information
- Judicial Externship Program - Spring 2021 Information
- Follow us on social media.
- Certificate Programs: You can still apply.
- Gary Laser Professionalism Award-New recipients
- Fleischman Award-New recipients
- Reggie the Cat!
- Intensive Clinic.
- Law Offices Newsletter.
- In the news: Articles featuring clinical faculty.
- For a description of all in-house clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at www.kentlaw.iit.edu/legal-clinics.
- For a description of all externship programs, please visit the Externship Program home page at www.kentlaw.iit.edu/externships.
- International Center Downtown Campus hours and travel signatures.
- Volunteer Opportunity: Self-Help Web Center.
| Computing & Information Services
- Upgraded Tech classrooms.
- Return to campus connect to wifi and printers.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection now available for Windows 10.
- Microsoft Office 365 download information.
- Best Practices: Safeguarding your computer from phishing attacks, hackers, etc.
- Connect to IIT-Secure wireless network with your Chicago-Kent email address.
- Eduroam available at Chicago-Kent.
- Student printing from remote locations available.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Antivirus available for student use.
- Service alerts and news.
- Security updates and spam.
- IIT print channel is for Main Campus printing only and not for use at the Downtown Campus.
- Weekly maintenance schedule.
- Library Is Open.
- Library Hours.
- Become a fan of the library: Find us on Facebook!
- General library policies.
- CALI redesigns website for better experience.
- CALI Law School Success Fellows releases new CALI lessons.
- Get free, unlimited access to CALI Lessons in less than five minutes.
- Access2Practice Legal Externship Program Information Session, October 27.
- Spring 2021 Informational Session for Judicial Externships, October 6.
| Institutes & Centers
- No current announcements.
| Administrative Offices/General
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Building and library hours.
- Spakateria hours.
- Bookstore hours.
- Spring 2020 procedures for hiring students and part-time and temporary "non-benefits-eligible" staff.
- 2020 biweekly pay calendar.
- 2020 monthly pay calendar.
- Fall 2020 discount parking rates for DTC faculty, staff and students.
- Defibrillator at the Downtown Campus.
- Downtown Campus safety tips.
- Administration and Finance office hours.
- Online room reservation form.
- Join the Chicago-Kent Advocates.
- Admissions office hours.
- Record templates available for staff.
| Student Organizations
Student Organizations: Please send your Record headlines and the full announcements to email@example.com by noon on Thursdays for the following Monday's issue.