In this issue... Week of November 9, 1998
Index of Back Issues
|| News and Announcements from|
|| Administrative Offices|
Dean Henry H. Perritt, Jr.
- Project Bosnia IPRO installs Ministry of Justice database server.
- Assistant Dean for Career Services and Alumnae/i Relations.
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Assistant Dean Stephen D. Sowle
- Spring 1999 preliminary schedule.
- List of recommended courses.
- Teaching evaluations.
- Spring Registration Priority List posted:
- Registration forms available beginning Monday, November 16
- Intensive Trial Advocacy - January 1999.
- Final undergraduate transcript required.
- Class ranks - advanced students.
- January 1999 graduates.
Strategies for Excellence: Law as a Profession 1999
- An innovative and award-winning program for second year students on Wednesday, February 10, 1999!
- All 2Ls (and 3Ls/4Ls who haven't yet attended) can register on-line TODAY.
- Schedule of events, keynote speakers, and more!
Administration and Finance
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Video - Secrets of Success for Law School and Beyond.
- Upcoming programs.
- Strategies for Excellence: Law as a Profession 1999 volunteers needed!
- 1999-2000 renewal FAFSAs.
- Office hours.
- DEADLINE: Applications due Nov. 11 to get advisor from Faculty Judicial Clerkship Committee.
- DEADLINE: Student Careers Committee Applications Due Nov. 11
- Employers seeking 2Ls, 3Ls - see if you qualify!
- Upcoming 1L Career Service programs:
- Developing a Resume for the Legal Market I & II
- Office tours Nov. 9 - 20
- Out of state job searches for 1Ls
- 1Ls interested in intellectual property and large law firms
- PILI Internship applications now available!
- FOCI: Are you holding more than 3 offers open?
- Upcoming holiday office closings.
- Job opportunities and other Record handouts.
- Judicial clerkships
- Volunteer positions
- Thanksgiving holiday hours.
- Librarians available to assist with Lexis/Westlaw exercises.
- Study rooms.
- Applications for Spring 1999 Law Offices are due November 9!
- Externships in tax, corporate tax and business law program for the Spring 1999 semester are available.
- What is the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Certificate Program (LADR)? Come find out November 18 at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Apply for LADR Program! Applications are due February 1, 1999.
Center for Law and Computers
- Answers to commonly asked questions.
- E-mail stations.
- CLC hours.
- Reminder: Check out the network maintenance schedule for anticipated downtime.
- Lab 545 opening date.
- Printing protocol and credit for problems.
- Reevaluation of Chicago-Kent scholarship award distributions. Student input requested.
- Congratulations to Lawrence Hill and Sharese Shields, winners of Illinois Judicial Council Law School Scholarships.
- 1998-99 External Scholarship list.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Faculty and Law School Programs|
Professor Sanford N. Greenberg
- Moot Court demonstration on Tuesday, November 17.
- Rovner Competition oral arguments on Wednesday, November 18.
Professor Kimberly Pace
- Intellectual Property Program hosts Federal Circuit.
- Informational meeting November 17.
Serving Our Society (SOS)
- Illinois Migrant Legal Assistance Project (IMLAP).
- Casa Central.
- URGENT security notice.
- 1L Lexis access problem.
- Contest results.
- 1998-99 Judicial Clerkship directory.
- New lab hours.
- Tip of the week.
Continuing Legal Education
- The Distinguished Labor Leader lecture series.
- Fall and Winter 1998-99 programming.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Student Organizations|
Athletic Association For Law Students
- 1998-1999 Spring Basketball League begins in January.
- Human Rights violations in the U.S.? A call for action!
Christian Legal Society
- Join us for Bible study this Tuesday at noon.
Environmental Law Society
- 11/3 - Movie Night at 6pm, room 580:
- Join us for a good movie, all you can eat pizza and soda for only $3. All are welcome!
Illinois State Bar Association
- Check out the new ISBA website with links to over 80 law firms!
- Student ISBA membership keeps students current on Illinois law and offers networking and publishing opportunities.
Intellectual Property Law Society
- Resume workshop on November 11; sign up in the concourse!
- The Justinian Society will be having a speaker event the week of 11/16. Check webpage for updated info.
- Come out with us to the Justianian Society monthly dinner meeting on 11/19. Check webpage for more info and contact information.
Kent Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Defending America's worst: John Wayne Gacy.
- Congratulations to the new trial team.
Kent Justice Foundation
- Toiletries drive.
- T-Shirt sale.
Labor and Employment Law Society
- Employment Law Speakers - Tuesday, November 10, room TBA. Pizza and pop at 4:45, discussion at 5 pm.
Muslim Law Students Association
- Islam Awareness week!
- Movie "Welcome to Sarajevo" Tuesday.
- Speaker event Thursday.
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Phi Alpha Delta is accepting prospective designs for their Spring T-shirt sale.
Women in Law
- Reminder: General meeting Monday at 5 p.m.
- Come to the WBAI new member reception Nov. 9.
- Reminder: WIL Social on Friday, Nov. 13.
- "Forget about Finals" raffle soon to begin!
- YLS Dear Santa Program - send a toy to an underprivileged child.
- Reminder: Don't forget to pay your '98-'99 dues!