In this issue... Week of November 16, 1998
Index of Back Issues
|| News and Announcements from|
|| Administrative Offices|
Dean Henry H. Perritt, Jr.
- Workshop on Genetic Susceptibility to Environmental Contamination.
Assistant Dean Stephen D. Sowle
- Spring 1999 registration.
- List of recommended courses.
- Academic calendar for 1999-2000.
- Teaching evaluations.
- Registration for the Spring 1999 semester.
- January graduates.
Strategies for Excellence: Law as a Profession 1999
- DEADLINE: Registration due Friday, Nov. 20: register on-line today!
- Keynote speakers announced: Judge Thomas R. Fitzgerald and Ms. Verná Myers.
Administration and Finance
- Thanksgiving holiday building hours.
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Spring 1999 teaching assistant applications.
- Program change! Brown Bag #3 rescheduled.
- 1999-2000 renewal FAFSAs.
- Office hours.
- Reminder: Individualized career counseling available.
- Upcoming 1L Career Service programs:
- Developing a resume for the legal market
- Out of state job searches for 1Ls
- 1Ls interested in intellectual property and large law firms
- DEADLINE: Student careers committee applications due Nov. 20.
- Interview workshop for LL.M. students with foreign degrees.
- FOCI: Have you received and/or accepted an offer yet?
- Winter office hours & holiday office closings.
- Job opportunities and other Record handouts.
- Judicial clerkships
- Volunteer positions
- Thanksgiving holiday hours.
- Updated student ID stickers.
- Illinois legislative history tutorial.
- Exams on eLOISe.
- Media services change.
- Practice groups and waiting lists for Law Offices Spring, 1999 have been posted outside Suite 600. Students cannot register without a permission slip from Law Offices!
- Externships in tax, corporate tax and business law program for the Spring 1999 semester are available.
- What is the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Certificate Program (LADR)? Come to the information meeting!
- Reminder: LADR information meeting will be November 18 at 3p.m. and 5p.m. in room 580.
- Apply for LADR Program! Applications are due February 1, 1999.
- Reminder: Significant scheduling changes in the LADR Program.
Center for Law and Computers
- Answers to commonly asked questions.
- E-mail stations.
- CLC hours.
- Reminder: Check out the network maintenance schedule for anticipated downtime.
- Lab 545 opening date.
- Printing protocol and credit for problems.
- Reevaluation of Chicago-Kent scholarship award distributions. Student input requested.
- 1998-99 External Scholarship list.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Faculty and Law School Programs|
Professor Sanford N. Greenberg
- Moot Court demonstration on Tuesday, November 17.
- Rovner Competition oral arguments on Wednesday, November 18.
Professor Kimberly Pace
- Informational meeting November 17.
Serving Our Society (SOS)
- Illinois Migrant Legal Assistance Project (IMLAP).
- Casa Central.
- Halloween contest winner.
- FREE outlines for exam preparation.
- Tip of the week.
Continuing Legal Education
- The Distinguished Labor Leader lecture series.
- Fall and Winter 1998-99 programming.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Student Organizations|
Athletic Association For Law Students
- 1998-1999 Spring Basketball League will begin in January.
Christian Legal Society
- Join us for Bible study on Tuesday at noon.
International Law Society
- Come eat good food! Join ILS during it's annual International Food Fest to be held in the front lobby from 11am-6pm on Mon, Nov. 23.
- The Kent Justinian Society will be having a general meeting Wednesday, November 18, at 3:00 p.m. Please check our record web page for room information.
- A group of Kent Justinian Society members will be attending the November dinner event of our parent organization this Thursday, November 19. Don't miss this great opportunity to network. Follow this link for more info!
Kent Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Serial killer: John Wayne Gacy.
Kent Justice Foundation
- Toiletries drive - please donate!
- T-Shirt sale this week.
- Letters for auction due Wednesday.
Women in Law
- "Forget about Finals" raffle begins today! Buy a chance to win fabulous prizes to help you relax during finals!
- WIL Film Festival scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 3.
- Play Santa for a needy Chicagoland child.
- Reminder: Don't forget to pay your '98-'99 dues!