In this issue... Week of December 7, 1998
Index of Back Issues
|| News and Announcements from|
|| Administrative Offices|
This is the last Record of the Fall semester. The first Record of the Spring semester will be online January 18, 1999. Headlines are due no later than noon Thursday, January 14. Good luck with finals and have a wonderful holiday season!
Dean Henry H. Perritt, Jr.
- Esther Rothstein.
- Soros Open Society Foundation Grant.
- Alumnus gift.
Assistant Dean Stephen D. Sowle
- Good luck and happy holidays.
- Final exams.
- Purchasing books for Spring 1999 semester.
- UPDATE -- Spring 1999 class assignments.
- Bar registration for first-year students.
- July 1999 Illinois bar application.
- Pass/Fail Revocation
- DEADLINE - December 7, 1998
- January 1999 graduates
- May 1999 graduates
- Submit an application for graduation
- Registrar's Office closed for the holidays
- December 24, 1998 through January 3, 1999
Strategies for Excellence: Law as a Profession 1999
- DEADLINE: If you missed the Nov. 20 deadline but still need to register, do it ASAP to get your choices of breakout sessions!
- Speakers announced: Judge Thomas R. Fitzgerald, Ms. Verná Myers, and Mr. Kerry R. Peck.
Administration and Finance
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Bar loans.
- Petitions to register with an unpaid balance.
- 1999-2000 renewal FAFSAs.
- Spring 1999 loan checks.
- Office hours.
- Winter office hours & upcoming office closings.
- Tips on making the most of your winter break!
- Holiday recruiting receptions for students over break.
- Judicial Clerkship directory now available.
- FOCI Participants: Come pick up your survey Dec. 8-10!
- Job opportunities and other Record handouts:
- Judicial clerkships
- Volunteer positions
- External Programs
- Advocates update: December Open House this week. Volunteers needed!
- Office of Admissions hours.
- Quiet, please.
- Exam period hours.
- Exams on eLOISe.
- Study rooms.
- For a complete description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices Home Page at www.kentlaw.edu/academics/clinic.
- To find out about the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Certificate Program (LADR), read the description in the Law Offices home page or contact Prof. Gary Laser in room 621 or by e-mail, GLASER.
- Apply for LADR Program! Applications are due February 1, 1999. Reminder: Significant scheduling changes in the LADR Program.
- Externships in tax, corporate tax and business law program for the Spring 1999 semester are available.
- Student worker position available.
Center for Law and Computers
- Exam numbers and pin numbers for Fall exams.
- Answers to commonly asked questions.
- E-mail stations.
- CLC hours.
- Reminder: Check out the network maintenance schedule for anticipated downtime.
- Lab 545 opening date.
- Printing protocol and credit for problems.
- Reevaluation of Chicago-Kent scholarship award distributions. Student input requested.
- 1998-99 External Scholarship listing:
- New award added this week.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Faculty and Law School Programs|
Harry Kelley, MPA Program
Serving Our Society (SOS)
- New lab hours.
- Reminder: about FREE OUTLINES.
- New literature.
- Good luck on finals.
Continuing Legal Education
- Upcoming programs 1998-1999.
- The 1999 Julia Beveridge Awards.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Student Organizations|
Health Law Society
Moot Court Honor Society
Muslim Law Students Association
- Conference on THE ISLAMIC MARRIAGE CONTRACT.
- Meetings and activities for next semester.
- Ramadan activities.
Women in Law
- Congratulations to our 17 raffle winners!
- WIL Alumnae/i Reception in February.
- Holiday well wishes from WIL.
- Reminder: Don't forget to pay your '98-'99 dues!