In this issue... Week of January 25, 1999
Index of Back Issues
|| News and Announcements from|
|| Administrative Offices|
Dean Henry H. Perritt, Jr.
Assistant Dean Stephen D. Sowle
- Help us with our course scheduling.
- Children and the Law: Update.
- May 1999 Graduates
- A reminder to submit an application for graduation.
- Graduation fee.
- Program changes
- Last day to add a course is Friday, January 29.
- Pass/Fail election.
- Insurance waiver DEADLINE is January 25, 1999.
Strategies for Excellence: Law as a Profession 1999
- Wondering what you'll be doing all day? Check out the Schedule of Events!
- Volunteers needed during the program - don't miss your chance to network with practitioners!
- Check out the biographies of our terrific speakers!
Administration and Finance
- New Spring building hours.
- Discounted public parking rates for students.
- Bar exam handouts available.
- CTA U-PASS system survey.
- Academic Empowerment Program - TA office hours.
- Law as a Profession - volunteers needed.
- Renewal FAFSA DEADLINE February 1,1999.
- 1999-2000 Financial Aid packages.
- Spring loan disbursements.
- Bar loans.
- Office hours.
- DEADLINE: Friday, Jan. 29 is the deadline to register for the CBA/YLS Law Student Interview Workshop.
- DEADLINE: Friday, Jan. 29 is the last day you can avoid late fees by returning overdue CSO materials.
- DEADLINE: U.S. Army JAG Corps interviewing law students at IIT Feb. 5 - resumes due to CSO by Friday, Jan. 29.
- Cook County Public Guardian interviewing 2Ls, 3Ls, 4Ls, & LLMs at Chicago-Kent - resumes due to CSO by Friday, Feb. 5.
- Upcoming programs:
- Opportunities at the Cook County State's Attorney's Office
- Career Services Office tours
- Summer opportunities for 1Ls
- Gaining legal experience as an evening student
- Are you leaving Chicago this summer? NALP Apartment Exchange Listings due Feb. 5.
- Interested in working for a judge? Check out the Summer Judicial Externship Program.
- Job opportunities and other Record handouts:
- Judicial clerkships
- External Programs
- Reminder: Help Chicago-Kent rise in the rankings -- complete the Princeton Review's Student Survey for its Best Law Schools Guidebook.
- Help the Office of Admissions improve its housing information by completing the 1L Housing Survey.
- Thank you to everyone who helped make the January Open House a success.
- Office of Admissions hours.
- Spring semester hours.
- Formbooks tutorial.
- Formbooks on disk.
- Media services.
- For a complete description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at www.kentlaw.edu/academics/clinic.
- To find out about the Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Program (LADR), read the description in the Law Offices home page. Questions may be directed to Prof. Gary Laser in room 631 or by email, glaser.
- Attend the LADR information meeting on Wednesday, January 27, 1999 from 3:00-4:00 in room 370 or from 5:00-6:00pm in room 635!
- Apply for the LADR Program! Applications are available from the receptionist in Suite 600. DEADLINE: LADR Applications are due February 1, 1999. Please note significant scheduling changes in the LADR Program.
Center for Law and Computers
- New look of computers at Chicago-Kent!
- New lab is open. This lab is conveniently located on the fifth floor in room 545.
- New virus detection software.
- The student directory is now available online.
- Student printing deadlines.
- Answers to some of the most commonly asked questions of the CLC:
- What is the website address to get my grades?
- What do I do if I can't find my pin number, or if my pin number is not working?
- Where can I find initial class assignments for the Spring '99 semester?
- When will we receive our new set of 400 pages for printing?
- How can I check my printing balance?
- How can I get a credit on my account for printing problems?
- Some of the printing is for a professor, for Moot Court Competition, for a student organization, etc. Can I get a credit to my account for these pages?
- Network maintenance schedule.
- Critical information regarding Chicago-Kent Merit-Based and Need-Based Scholarships and Awards for the 1999-2000 academic year.
- 1998-99 outside scholarships -- new award listed.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Faculty and Law School Programs|
Chancellor Kent Colloquium
- Colloquium and reception, Monday, January 25.
Professor Mary Becker
- Research assistant needed.
Professor Steve Heyman
Professor Harold Krent
Serving Our Society (SOS)
Continuing Legal Education
- The 7th annual Charles Green Lecture in Law and Technology.
- Upcoming programs 1999
Institute for Science Law & Technology
- Conference on Telemedicine.
International Law and Policy Development
- There will be a GLAPI informational and planning meeting on Wednesday, January 27, at noon in room 305.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Student Organizations|
- General meeting on January 27 at 6:30pm in room 590.
- Celebrate Chicago's International Women's Day.
- First general meeting on Tuesday, February 2 at noon in room 580.
- All members and interested persons should attend.
- Check our webpage for the latest information on this and other upcoming events.
Kent Justice Foundation
- General meeting -- Wednesday, 1/27, 3pm.
- 1st bakesale -- Wednesday 2/3, Spak.
- T-Shirt sale -- Tuesday 2/2 & Wednesday 2/3.
- Auction coming up!
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Not a member of PAD yet?
- Don't Forget: Phi Alpa Delta general meetings and information sessions Tues. 1/26 at 3:30pm & 5:00pm, room 370.
- Dinner with alums on January 28.
- Great networking opportunities.
Women in Law
- Reminder: WIL general meetings Tues. 1/26 at 12:00pm & Wed. 1/27 at 5:00pm in room 170. Come request outlines, RSVP for the reception, and get details about all of our exciting upcoming programs and events!
- Please donate your outlines to WIL - especially upperclass outlines!
- Alumnae/i-Student Reception set for February 16!
- Reminder: Please donate your outlines to WIL - especially upperclass outlines!