In this issue... Week of March 22, 1999
Index of Back Issues
|| News and Announcements from|
|| Administrative Offices|
Important Record Announcement
- New Record headline contact.
Dean Henry H. Perritt, Jr.
- Operation Kosovo team in Albania
Assistant Dean Stephen D. Sowle
- Academic calender reminder.
- More CALI Award winners.
- Summer 1999 registration.
- Fall 199 registration.
- Intensive Trial Advicacy.
- Summer registration forms.
- Available beginning Wednesday, March 24.
- Exams on computers.
- DEADLINE: Sign-up by Friday, March 26.
- May 1999 graduates.
- Clear your financial account.
Administration and Finance
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Third parking lot for downtown campus.
- Insurance provider list now available throughout the building.
- Student aid report deadline.
- Summer 1999 financial aid application.
- 1999-2000 financial aid packages.
- 1098-T Forms
- Office hours.
- Phone calls lead to jobs, free food: Spring Jobathon, April 6 to April 15.
- Special Spring Break hours for CSO.
- Upcoming programs:
- "Balancing Life and the Practice of Law" - March 23 & March 25.
- DEADLINE: "Guerrilla Tactics for Getting the Legal Job of Your Dreams" - Register by April 5 to see noted author Kimm Walton April 10.
- 2Ls/3Leve: Advanced Externship Program applications now available - due March 26.
- Informational interviews with Air Force JAG Corps on April 13: sign-up by 5pm, April 6.
- Job opportunities and other Record handouts:
- Judicial clerkships
- External programs
- Office of Admissions hours.
- Regular hours during Spring Break.
- Treaty research tutorial.
- The Document Center makes posters.
- Lamination available at the Document Center.
- Federal tax forms on eLOISe.
- Students selected for the Summer 1999 Law Offices Clinical Education Program posted in room 600.
- Applications for the Fall 1999 Law Offices Clinical Education Program are available from the receptionist in Suite 600. DEADLINE: Law Offices applications are due by 12pm on April 14, 1999.
- Opportunities available in the Advanced Externship Program for Fall 1999. DEADLINE: Applications are due Friday, March 26, 1999 at 12pm.
- For a description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at: www.kentlaw.edu/academics/clinic
- To find out about the Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Program (LADR), read the description in the Law Office's home page. Questions may be directed to Prof. Gary Laser in room 631 or by e-mail, glaser.
Center for Law and Computers
- New look of computers at Chicago-Kent!
- New lab is open. This lab is conveniently located on the fifth floor in room 545.
- New virus detection software.
- The student directory is now available online.
- Student printing deadlines.
- Answers to some of the most commonly asked questions of the CLC.
- Network maintenance schedule.
- Critical information regarding Chicago-Kent merit-based and need-based scholarships and awards for the 1999-2000 academic year.
- 1998-99 external scholarships -- new awards listed.
Continuing Legal Education
- ATTENTION- All students interested in environmental justice.
- Upcoming programs 1999.
Office of Development
- Student worker position available.
- No new entries this week.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Faculty and Law School Programs|
Order of the Coif Lecture: Monday, March 22
- Dr. Amartya Sen, 1998 Nobel laureate in economics.
- Lecture in "Rational Choice and Law" at 3pm in the Auditorium.
Serving Our Society (SOS)
- Illinois Migrant Legal Assistance Project (IMLAP)
- Casa Central
Program in Environmental and Energy Law
- April 12: Tom France, senior attorney for the National Wildlife Federation at 6pm in room 345.
- April 9: Environmental Justice Forum.
Program in Intellectual Property Law
- Chicago-Kent students win the Midwest Regional of the Giles Sutherland Rich Moot Court Competition.
- Participation in the IP Program.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Student Organizations|
Chicago Bar Associaton
- March 25: NACARA training program.
- April 10: When I Grow Up... A Career Fair for Kids.
- Volunteers needed for 5K run/walk to benefit Voices for Illinois Children on April 11.
- Volunteers Night at the Greater Chicago Food Depository, April 22.
- Upcoming YLS events and committee meetings:
- Mon., March 22: Seminar: Money in the Bank, How to Maximize the Value of Your Law Degree and Legal Experience in Today's Economy.
- Wed., March 24: Career Assistance Committee - What Kind of Lawyer Are You?
- Thurs., March 25: Estate Planning Committee meeting.
Computer Law Association
- See the new links on the Sample Justice Web Collaboratory page.
Environmental Law Society
- Buy your Bike Raffle tickets in Spak, only $1!
- April 22: Earth Day celebration.
- Elections coming soon!
Family Law Society
- March 22 -- it's bake sale time! Please sign up to work the table and to bring in baked goods.
- MOVIE NIGHT, Tuesday, March 23: festivities begin at 5:30.
- Note on upcoming elections.
Kent Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Kent Justice Foundation
- AUCTION!!! Wednesday, 5:15pm, Auditorium
Labor and Employment Law Society
- Thanks to everyone for making the panel discussion and reception a success!
- Calender of upcoming events.
Moot Court Honor Society
- Securities Law Competition team advances.
- Rabbi Siegel Competition team advances.
- ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition teams advance.
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Networking series.
- Meet Justice McMorrow.
- Not a member yet?
Women in Law
- DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 6 for WIL Executive Board applications.
- DEADLINE: Friday, April 9 for WIL Summer Fellowship applications.
- DEADLINE: Friday, April 9 for WIL Esther Rothstein Award.
- 1Ls: Sign up for Moot Court practice.
- Act as Personal Shopper at Glass Slipper Project boutiques.
- WIL general meetings, April 6 and 8.
- WIL Spring Reception in April.