In this issue... Week of April 5, 1999
Index of Back Issues
|| News and Announcements from|
|| Administrative Offices|
Important Record Announcement
- New Record headline contact.
Dean Henry H. Perritt, Jr.
Assistant Dean Stephen D. Sowle
- Summer 1999 registration.
- UPDATE: Fall 1999 registration.
- Intensive Trial Advicacy 1.
- Fall 1998 grade distribution.
- Summer registration this week.
- Registrar's office will remain open until 8:10pm, Wednesday, April 7.
- August 1999 Graduates.
- Complete an application for graduation.
- May 1999 graduates.
- Make sure your financial account is up-to-date.
- Exams on Computers.
- All students who signed up were accommodated.
- A few computer seats are still available.
Administration and Finance
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Third parking lot for downtown campus.
- Deadline for exam reschedules.
- Fall 1999 teaching assistant applications.
- 1998-1999 deadline.
- Bar exam loans.
- Summer 1999.
- 1999-2000 financial aid.
- DEADLINE: Register by 12pm on Tuesday, April 5 to see Kimm Walton's "Guerrilla Tactics for Getting the Legal Job of Your Dreams" presentation on April 10.
- Phone calls lead to jobs, free food: Spring Jobathon, April 6 to April 15.
- 3Ls, 4Ls, LLM: Parillo Weiss & O'Halloran interviewing at Chicago-Kent April 13-- apply by 12pm, Thursday, April 8.
- Informational interviews with Air Force JAG Corps on April 13: sign-up by 5pm, April 6.
- More NAPIL post-graduate fellowships still available!
- Seeking summer housing? Check out www.summerexchange.com
- Job opportunities and other Record handouts:
- Judicial clerkships
- Advocates update: Volunteers needed call admitted students during phone-a-thons this week and to give tours at the Dean's Program on Saturday, April 10.
- Office of Admissions hours.
- Jury instruction tutorial.
- Media Services video recording.
- The Document Center makes posters.
- Federal tax forms on eLOISe.
- Applications for the fall 1999 Law Offices Clinical Education Program are available from the receptionist in Suite 600.
- DEADLINE: Law Offices applications for fall 1999 are due by 5pm on April 16, 1999.
- For a description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at: www.kentlaw.edu/academics/clinic
Center for Law and Computers
- New look of computers at Chicago-Kent!
- New lab is open--conveniently located on the fifth floor in room 545.
- New virus detection software.
- The student directory is now available online.
- Student printing deadlines.
- Answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
- Network maintenance schedule.
- Critical information regarding Chicago-Kent merit-based and need-based scholarships and awards for the 1999-2000 academic year.
- 1998-99 external scholarships.
Continuing Legal Education
- ATTENTION- All students interested in environmental justice.
- ATTENTION- All students interested in labor law.
- Upcoming programs 1999.
Office of Development
- 13th annual Scholarship Appreciation Luncheon.
- Videos of student speeches.
- No new entries this week.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Faculty and Law School Programs|
From Professor Sanford Greenberg, Director of Appellate Advocacy
- Appellate Court of Illinois to hear cases in Chicago-Kent's Courtroom on April 6.
Professor Richard Wright
- Professors Wright and Bernstein appointed to Advisory Board of the Legal Scholarships Network's online journal.
Serving Our Society (SOS)
- Association House of Chicago.
- Tutor/mentor opportunities.
- SOS office hours (room 686).
International Law and Policy Development
- Former human rights representative for Bosnia to visit Chicago-Kent April 5-- RSVP for lunch discussion ASAP.
Program in Environmental and Energy Law
- April 12: Tom France, senior attorney for the National Wildlife Federation at 6pm in room 345.
- April 9: Environmental Justice Forum.
Program in Intellectual Property Law
- Chicago-Kent students win the Midwest Regional of the Giles Sutherland Rich Moot Court Competition.
- Participation in the IP Program.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Student Organizations|
Chicago Bar Associaton
- CBA Law Student End-of-the-Year Reception coming soon!
- April 10: When I Grow Up... A Career Fair for Kids.
- Volunteers needed for 5K run/walk to benefit Voices for Illinois Children on April 11.
- Volunteers Night at the Greater Chicago Food Depository, April 22.
- Upcoming YLS events and committee meetings:
- Wednesday, April 7: School Law Committee-- defending client claiming protected speech.
- Friday, April 9: Labor & Employment Law-- employee handbooks.
Computer Law Association
- See the new links on the Sample Justice Web Collaboratory page.
Environmental Law Society
- Buy your Bike Raffle tickets in Spak, only $1!
- April 22: Earth Day celebration.
- Elections coming soon!
Family Law Society
- Note on upcoming elections.
Kent Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Kent Justice Foundation
Labor and Employment Law Society
- Thanks to everyone for making the panel discussion and reception a success!
- Calender of upcoming events.
Moot Court Honor Society
- Securities Law Competition team advances.
- Rabbi Siegel Competition team advances.
- ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition teams advance.
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Networking series.
- Bake Sale
- Meet Justice McMorrow.
- Not a member yet?
Women in Law
- DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 6 for WIL Executive Board applications.
- DEADLINE: Friday, April 9 for WIL Summer Fellowship applications.
- DEADLINE: Friday, April 9 for WIL Esther Rothstein Award.
- 1Ls: Sign up for Moot Court practice.
- Act as personal shopper at Glass Slipper Project boutiques.
- WIL general meetings, April 6 and 8.
- WIL Spring Reception April 27-- guest speaker.