In this issue... Week of April 26, 1999
Index of Back Issues
|| News and Announcements from|
|| Administrative Offices|
Important Record Announcement
- May 3, 1999, issue is the last weekly Record issue of the academic year.
- DEADLINE: Thursday, April 29 for headline submissions.
- New Record headline contact is Tom Shipley. Send all Record submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean Henry H. Perritt, Jr.
- Chicago-Kent receives gift.
- Faculty scholarship.
Assistant Dean Stephen D. Sowle
- Academic calendar reminder.
- Fall 1999 registration.
- Teaching evaluations.
- Fall registration this week.
- DEADLINE: All registration forms are due at 8:10pm on Thursday, April 29.
- Intensive Trial Advocacy.
- Register for the course on your fall registration form.
- Confirmation of registration.
- DEADLINE: May 3, 1999, is the last day to revoke pass/fail elections for spring term courses.
- May 3, 1999-- last day to revoke an election.
- NOTE: Students taking exams on computer must read the rules and regulations beforehand.
- Insurance waiver.
Administration and Finance
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Third parking lot for Downtown Campus.
- TA application deadline extended.
- Final exam reschedule deadline.
- Orientation volunteers needed.
- Exit interviews.
- DEADLINE: 1998-1999 financial aid deadline is May 1, 1999.
- Summer 1999.
- Bar exam loans.
- 1999-2000 financial aid.
- Office hours.
- Good news from 1998 graduate employment statistics!
- DEADLINE: Patent Law Interview Program: Pick up information packet in CSO and send to Loyola by April 30.
- CSO seeking student worker for 10-20 hours/week.
- CSO summer hours to begin May 3.
- 3Ls and 4Ls: Opportunities with Legal Assistance Foundation of Chicago, April 29.
- Upcoming Programs:
- April 27 and 29: Introduction to Fall On-Campus Interview Program.
- April 28: 1999 Graduate Career Services Open House.
- Members of CSO staff to represent school at national NALP Conference with legal employers April 20-24th.
- DEADLINE: KJF Public Interest Fellowship applications due April 26.
- Job opportunities and other Record handouts:
- Judicial clerkships
- Advocates update: Volunteers needed for the May Dean's Program on Saturday, May 8.
- Office of Admissions hours.
- eLOISe tutorial.
- New library system on the way.
- Media Services Department REMINDER.
- Lottery results for the fall 1999 semester will be posted on the bulletin board outside suite 600 and on the Law Offices' home page.
- For a description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at: www.kentlaw.edu/academics/clinic/
Center for Law and Computers
- New look of computers at Chicago-Kent!
- New lab is open--conveniently located on the fifth floor in room 545.
- New virus detection software.
- The student directory is now available online.
- Student printing deadlines.
- Answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
- Network maintenance schedule.
- 1998-99 external scholarships.
Continuing Legal Education
- ATTENTION-- All students interested in federal taxation.
- Upcoming programs in 1999.
Office of Development
- 13th annual Scholarship Appreciation Luncheon.
- Videos of student speeches.
- No new entries this week.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Faculty and Law School Programs|
From Professor Richard Warner
- Research assistant wanted for "Building Business on the Web" project.
From Professor Suzanne Ehrenberg
- Legal writing and teaching assistant applications.
From Professor Jeffrey Sherman
- Professor Sherman seeks research assistant.
- LEXIS summer associate training: April 26-29.
- REMINDER on free outlines.
International Law and Policy Development
- Three new seminars in international law offered next semester.
- New exchange program offered with a law school in Buenos Aires.
- Summer job opportunity in the Office of International Law and Policy Development.
Program in Intellectual Property Law
- Chicago-Kent students reach semi-finals of the national Giles Sutherland Rich Moot Court Competition.
- Participate in the IP Program.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Student Organizations|
- Elections of the 1999-2000 executive board.
- Join the Brehon Society at Fado Irish Pub, Thursday, April 29, 1999 from 7pm to 10pm.
- Before going to the "after-party" at The Mint, join us for drinks. We are looking foward to seeing you there!!
- Fado is located at 100 West Grand Avenue.
Chicago Bar Associaton
- CHICAGO-KENT WINS BLOOD DRIVE!!!
- 6th annual Dining-Out for Life Event: Battle AIDS by going out to lunch or dinner on May 13.
- Upcoming YLS events and committee meetings:
- Wednesday, April 28: Career assistance.
Computer Law Association
- See the new links on the Sample Justice Web Collaboratory page.
Health Law Society
International Law Society
- Elections will be held on Wednesday, April 28! If you are interested in running for an office, please attend one of the meetings.
- Note on upcoming elections.
Kent Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Mock trial participants needed.
- Elections for executive board.
Kent Justice Foundation
- Fellowship applications now available.
- Elections for executive board.
Labor and Employment Law Society
- Thanks to everyone for making the panel discussion and reception a success!
- Calendar of upcoming events.
- Summer write-on program informational meetings Tuesday, April 27 and Wednesday April 28. For more information, e-mail Julie Berger at email@example.com.
- Congratulations to the new 1999-2000 Board of Editors, including Editor-in-Chief Paul J. Ferak and Managing Editor Jennifer A. Henrikson.
Moot Court Honor Society
International Moot Court Honor Society
- MCHS team takes second place.
- MCHS team is quarter-finalist in the nation.
- MCHS team is semi-finalist in Illiois.
- Congratulations to the 1999-2000 executive board.
- Tryouts for international moot court will take place during the first three weeks of the fall semester.
- Requirements: Candidates must have a 2.75+ GPA and have taken or be enrolled in international research or international law.
- Candidacy tryouts will consist of a single issue brief for one side and an oral argument on that issue. Anyone having difficulty signing-up for the prerequisite classes should talk to Professor Molly Lien. Good Luck.
Muslim Law Students Association
- Speaker event.
- Kosova awareness.
- Chicago area events.
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- 1999-2000 election notice.
- Class outlines.
- Resume review.
- Happy hour?
- Not a member yet?
Women in Law
- REMINDER: WIL Spring Reception April 27, 4pm to 7pm-- guest speaker Alan Zenoff. Find out executive board election results, fellowship and Rothstein Award winners!