In this issue...
Week of October 30, 2000
Index of Back Issues
|| News and Announcements from|
|| Administrative Offices|
Dean Henry H. Perritt, Jr.
- Centennial visitor, Stanley Katz.
- Ukrainian visitors.
- Wisconsin bar results.
- Fall Lecture Event-Auditorium October 31 from 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Assistant Dean Stephen D. Sowle
- Fall 2000 final exams.
- Sign-up for taking exams on computer.
- Intellectual property course: Practice before the Federal Circuit.
- Joke of the week.
Strategies for Excellence: Law as a Profession 2000
- REMINDER: All 2L, 3L and 4L students who have yet to attend must register.
- Check out the schedule of events and confirmed speakers.
- Volunteers needed.
- Computer exam sign-up.
- Division changes.
- Fall 2000 exam numbers.
Administration and Finance
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Fall 2000 semester building/library hours.
- Discounted parking rates for students.
- Downtown Campus safety tips.
- Shuttle bus schedule.
- Administration and Finance office hours.
- Reserving a room at the Downtown Campus.
- Political discussion on October 31.
- AEP workshop "Exam Taking Tips From the Law Faculty" on November 1.
- DEADLINE: Rescheduling final exam November 3.
- Health fair.
Alumnae/i and Student Relations
- ATTENTION: December and May graduates, sign-up in the Alumnae/i office for composite photos, November 7-10.
- Perkins loan entrance interview session.
- Students careers committee seeks volunteers.
- 1Ls-- Sign up for office tours.
- Unsure what type of law is for your? Attend Practice Tracks.
- Haynes and Boone-- New direct contact employer.
- Spring externship applications available.
- International student resume directory.
- Scholarship opportunities.
- Show your enthusiasm for Chicago-Kent-- join the Advocates!
- Office of Admissions hours.
- Information Center hours available online.
- Faculty exams in the Document Center.
- Self-paced exercises for 1L students.
- Federal court rules tutorial.
- Database available on Information Center home page.
- REMINDER: Weekend reference hours.
- Study rooms.
- Spring 01 in-house clinic applications are now available.
- Spring 01 Legal Externship Program-- Third year students only.
- A new clinical program-- Information Technology and Entrepreneurship Clinic.
- A new clinical program-- First Defense Legal Aid.
- For a description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at:
International Law and Policy Development
- Upcoming events:
- Wednesday, November 1-- Consular notification and access workshop on the The Vienna Convention on Consular Relations.
- Wednesday, November 1-- Lecture discussion with the Mexican Consulate General office. Lunch will be served.
- Tuesday, November 7-- Lunch presentation and discussion with Professor from Hong Kong to discuss securities issues.
- Wednesday, November 8-- Lunch presentation and discussion on "Use of Legal Expert System LES-5."
Center for Law and Computers
- Welcome back.
- Office hours.
- Network migration update for returning students.
- Contact us.
- Printing on KENTNET.
- E-mail stations.
- New virus detection software.
- Online student directory.
- Network maintenance.
- Electronic casebook availability.
- Computer labs.
- Commonly asked questions.
- Student worker positions available.
- 2000-01 external scholarship list.
Continuing Legal Education
- More upcoming 2000-01 programs!
- Student volunteer opportunities.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Faculty and Law School Programs|
- Professor Sheldon Nahmod to address the New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association.
Certificate Program in Intellectual Property Law
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Workshop.
- Intellectual Property Writing Contest.
- 3000-word essay contest on law and the music industry with substantial cash awards.
Program in Employment and Labor Law
- Louis Jackson National Student Writing Competition.
Serving Our Society (SOS)
- Volunteer opportunities of the week.
- New student representative.
- Lab hours.
- New Westlaw student representatives.
- Your Westlaw academic account manager.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Student Organizations|
Corporate Law Society
- Cato Institute speaker to discuss Clinton legacy at Chicago-Kent.
Jewish Law Student Association
- Judge's night is November 1, from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Up-to-date news on the Mid-East Crisis.
Kent Justice Foundation
- Letter drive.
- Happy hour!
Polish-American Law Students Organization
- Roundtable discussion with attorney Tom Pikarski.
Sports and Entertainment Law Society
Women in Law
- Speaker event.
- General meetings.