In this issue...
Week of November 6, 2000
Index of Back Issues
|| News and Announcements from|
|| Administrative Offices|
Dean Henry H. Perritt, Jr.
- Centennial visitor, Stanley Katz.
- Ukrainian visitors.
- Wisconsin bar results.
Assistant Dean Stephen D. Sowle
- Intensive Trial Advocacy: January session.
- Sign-up for taking exams on computer.
- Teaching evaluations.
- Joke of the week.
Strategies for Excellence: Law as a Profession 2000
- REMINDER: All 2L, 3L and 4L students who have yet to attend must register.
- Check out the schedule of events and confirmed speakers.
- Volunteers needed.
- Computer exam sign-up.
- Division changes.
- Fall 2000 exam numbers.
Administration and Finance
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Fall 2000 semester building/library hours.
- Discounted parking rates for students.
- Downtown Campus safety tips.
- Shuttle bus schedule.
- Administration and Finance office hours.
- Reserving a room at the Downtown Campus.
- Health fair on Wednesday, November 8.
- Videotape for AEP workshop "Exam Taking Tips From the Law Faculty."
- Volunteers for Professionalism Day needed!
Alumnae/i and Student Relations
- ATTENTION: December and May graduates, sign-up in the Alumnae/i office for composite photos, November 7-10.
- Perkins loan entrance interview session.
- Remember to vote on Tuesday!
- Keep the CSO updated on OCI results.
- ATTENTION: LLMs, International student resume directory.
- ATTENTION: 1Ls sign up for tours of the CSO and LEXIS-NEXIS training.
- Large firm and IP summer opportunities for 1Ls.
- Intellectual Property Law Society resume review workshop.
- Clerkship opportunities-- eastern district of Michigan.
- ATTENTION: 3Ls Legal Externship Program applications available.
- Show your enthusiasm for Chicago-Kent-- join the Advocates!
- Office of Admissions hours.
- Thanksgiving holiday hours.
- Information Center hours available online.
- Fall semester hours.
- Faculty exams in the Document Center.
- Self-paced exercises for 1L students.
- Company information tutorial.
- Study rooms.
- REMINDER: Applications for Spring 01 in-house clinic applications are now available. They are due November 17.
- NOTE: Spring 01 Legal Externship Program-- third year students only.
- NOTE: Law Offices reception for students interested in clinical programs.
- A new clinical program-- Information Technology and Entrepreneurship Clinic.
- A new clinical program-- First Defense Legal Aid.
- For a description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at:
International Law and Policy Development
- Upcoming events:
- Tuesday, November 7-- lunch presentation and discussion with Professor from Hong Kong to discuss securities issues.
- Wednesday, November 8-- lunch presentation and discussion on "Use of Legal Expert System LES-5."
Center for Law and Computers
- Welcome back.
- Office hours.
- Network migration update for returning students.
- Contact us.
- Printing on KENTNET.
- E-mail stations.
- New virus detection software.
- Online student directory.
- Network maintenance.
- Electronic casebook availability.
- Computer labs.
- Commonly asked questions.
- Student worker positions available.
- Awards listed-- 2000-01 external scholarship list.
Continuing Legal Education
- More upcoming 2000-01 programs!
- Student volunteer opportunities.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Faculty and Law School Programs|
From Professor Martin Malin
Certificate Program in Intellectual Property Law
- Intellectual Property Writing Contest.
- 3000-word essay contest on law and the music industry with substantial cash awards.
Institute for Law and the Humanities
- "God and the Death Penalty" program.
Program in Employment and Labor Law
- EEOC's 35th anniversary.
- Louis Jackson National Student Writing Competition.
Program in Environmental and Energy Law
- Second segment of this year's speaker series-- Ethics and Environmental Law.
Serving Our Society (SOS)
- Volunteer opportunities of the week.
- New student representative.
- Lab hours.
- Student representatives lab hours.
- Your Westlaw academic account manager.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Student Organizations|
- Cato Institute speaker to discuss Clinton legacy at Chicago-Kent.
Intellectual Property Law Society
- Round table lecture moderated by Professor Tim Holbrook.
Jewish Law Student Association
- Up-to-date news on the Mid-East Crisis.
Kent Justice Foundation
- Letter drive.
- Happy hour!
Labor and Employment Law Society
- Richard Pincus of Fox and Grove to discuss union organizing in the electronic workplaces.
- Pizza party and speaker event.
Sports and Entertainment Law Society
Women in Law
- Speaker event.
- General meetings.