In this issue...
Week of January 21, 2002
Index of Back Issues
|| News and Announcements from|
|| Administrative Offices|
Dean Harold J. Krent
- Professor Thomas F. Blackwell.
Assistant Dean Stephen D. Sowle
- Academic calendar reminder: No classes Monday, January 21.
- New policy on adding classes.
- Joke of the week.
Strategies for Excellence: Law as a Profession 2002
- New speaker bios.
- Volunteers needed to escort speakers.
- General breakout session information.
- 3rd year bar applications -- Web only!
- REMINDER: New policy for registration.
- Filing deadline -- application for graduation.
- Filing deadline -- pass/fail election.
Administration and Finance
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Spring 2002 semester building/library hours.
- Discounted parking rates for students.
- Downtown Campus safety tips.
- Shuttle bus schedule.
- Administration and Finance office hours.
- Reserving a room at the Downtown Campus.
- Spring office hours.
- Summer opportunities for 1Ls.
- Interviewing skills.
- Sign up for mock interviews.
- Updated Midwest Public Interest Law Career conference information.
- Army JAG Corps seeks 1Ls & 3Ls.
- Air Force JAG Corps seeks 2Ls & 3Ls.
- Adoption law summer opportunities for 1Ls & 2Ls.
- Illinois Women in Government Conference & Scholarship Award Program.
- Join the Chicago-Kent Advocates!
- Admissions office hours.
- Library hours for spring semester.
- Reference hours for spring semester.
- Document Center hours for spring semester.
- New LEXIS-NEXIS and Westlaw printers.
- Resource of the week.
- Consideration for others in the library.
- New interlibrary loan policy.
- Study room policy.
- Library cell phone policy.
- Library food and drink policy.
- Please guard your valuables!
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution certificate program -- room change for January 30 information meeting from C20 to C40.
- First Defense Legal Aid (FDLA) clinic.
- New Web site for Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.
- For a description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at:
International Law and Policy Development
- Informational meeting.
- Summer study abroad opportunities.
Center for Law and Computers
- Welcome back!
- Printing accounts reset December 28, 2001.
- Fall printing account balances are due.
- "Web for Students" and how to access grades online.
- A note about the new LEXIS-NEXIS and Westlaw lab printers.
- ck.kentlaw.edu Web server no longer in service.
- Virus scanning instructions.
- Latest McAfee DAT file is sdat4181.
- New scholarship awards listed.
Continuing Legal Education
- Upcoming 2002 programs!
- Student volunteer opportunities.
Human Resources schedule online.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Faculty and Law School Programs|
2002 Centennial Visitor Lecture
- Professor Daniel Kahneman of Princeton University to speak Thursday, January 24 on "Psychology as a Science of Policy."
Center for Information Technology and Law
- ATTENTION: 2Ls, 3Ls and 4Ls, an exciting opportunity you don't want to miss!
- Free LEXIS-NEXIS printing in computer labs 700, 760 & 900.
- Rewards of Working Smarter is back and even better!
- Westlaw printers are now installed in all of the labs.
- Join Westlaw Rewards and win.
- Westlaw Rewards instant winner list.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Student Organizations|
Kent Justice Foundation
- Welcome back.
- It's auction time.
- Bake sale.
- Summer internship opportunities.
Labor and Employment Law Society
- Get vital information about LELS.
- Join us for our winter extravaganza on Wednesday, January 23.
- Free food and drinks.
Public Interest Resource Center
- We do the work for you!
- New volunteer opportunities.
- Public Interest law.
Women in Law
- Executive board meeting, Tuesday, January 22.
- General meeting, Tuesday, January 29.