In this issue...
Week of January 28, 2002
Index of Back Issues
|| News and Announcements from|
|| Administrative Offices|
Dean Harold J. Krent
Assistant Dean Stephen D. Sowle
- Academic calendar reminder: No classes Wednesday, February 6.
- Volunteers needed for Law as a Profession Day
- Joke of the week.
Strategies for Excellence: Law as a Profession 2002
- Updated schedule of events.
- New speaker bios.
- Breakout session information.
- Bar examination cards -- available now.
- Bar exam application deadlines.
- Filing deadline -- pass/fail election.
Administration and Finance
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Spring 2002 semester building/library hours.
- Discounted parking rates for students.
- Downtown Campus safety tips.
- Shuttle bus schedule.
- Administration and Finance office hours.
- Reserving a room at the Downtown Campus.
- Summer opportunities for 1Ls.
- Interviewing skills.
- Mock interviews.
- Adoption Law summer opportunities for 1Ls & 2Ls.
- Air Force JAG Corps seeks 2Ls & 3Ls.
- 16th annual Patent Law Interview Program.
- Upcoming conferences.
- Join the Chicago-Kent Advocates!
- Admissions office hours.
- Library hours for spring semester.
- Reference hours for spring semester.
- Document Center hours for spring semester.
- New LEXIS-NEXIS and Westlaw printers.
- Resource of the week.
- EBSCO tutorial.
- Consideration for others in the library.
- Inter-library loan policy.
- Study room policy.
- Library cell phone policy.
- Library food and drink policy.
- Please guard your valuables!
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution certificate program -- room change for January 30 information meeting from C20 to C40.
- First Defense Legal Aid (FDLA) clinic.
- New Web site for Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.
- For a description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at:
International Law and Policy Development
- Informational meeting.
- Summer study abroad opportunities.
Center for Law and Computers
- Let us know your concerns and needs!
- Password security
- Fall printing account balances are due.
- "Web for Students" and how to access grades online.
- A note about the new LEXIS-NEXIS and Westlaw lab printers.
- Virus scanning instructions.
- Latest McAfee DAT file is sdat4182.
- New scholarship awards listed.
Continuing Legal Education
- Upcoming 2002 programs!
- Student volunteer opportunities.
Human Resources schedule online.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Faculty and Law School Programs|
Center for Information Technology and Law
- ATTENTION: 2Ls, 3Ls and 4Ls, an exciting opportunity you don't want to miss!
- Free printing and help phones now available in computer labs 700, 760 & 900.
- Rewards of Working Smarter is back and even better!
- Westlaw printers are now installed in all of the labs.
- Join Westlaw Rewards and win.
- Westlaw Rewards instant winner list.
| || News and Announcements from|
| || Student Organizations|
- General meetings:
- Monday, January 28.
- Tuesday, January 29.
- Executive board positions are still open!
- Moratorium against the death penalty rally, Thursday, January 31.
Black Law Students Association
- BLSA business cards on sale.
- Donate new and unused toiletries for Valentine's Day care packs.
- CCBA Barrister's Ball, Saturday, March 16.
- Other upcoming events.
Health Law Society
- Organizational meeting January 30.
International Law Student Association
- Information meeting January 30.
Kent Justice Foundation
- Welcome back.
- It's auction time.
- Bake sale.
- Summer internship opportunities.
Labor and Employment Law Society
- Get vital information about LELS.
- Free food and drinks.
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Become a member of PAD today!
Public Interest Resource Center
- We do the work for you!
- New volunteer opportunities.
- Public Interest law.
Women in Law
- General meeting, Tuesday, January 29.