Headlines for the Week of May 11, 2009
of the Dean
| Student Services
- Have a nice summer!
- Spring 2009 final exams:
- Exam schedule.
- Exam emergencies.
- Consulting laptops during exams.
- Cell phones during exams.
- Access to computer labs during exams.
- Availability of professors' old exams.
- Exam method registration.
- Notice to graduating seniors:
- E-mail and network accounts.
- Clearing out lockers.
- Research assistant opportunities for continuing students.
- Summer 2009 term information:
- Classroom assignments.
- Initial reading assignments.
- Fall 2009 registration.
- Fall 2009 initial reading assignments and course materials.
- Change in curve for large, upper-level elective courses.
- Joke of the week.
- Poem of the week.
- Fall 2009 registration.
- Spring 2010 preliminary schedule.
- Office hours.
- Good luck on finals.
- Finals programming and stress relief.
- Student business cards.
- Student organization transitioning.
- Orientation leaders.
- Counseling services.
- Spring financial aid deadline.
- Summer financial aid deadline.
- Summer financial aid awards available.
- Did you miss the repayment plan workshop?
- Summer awarding information.
- Graduate PLUS loan repayment answers.
- May 15: Registration deadline for the Cook County Bar Association (CCBA) Minority Law Student Job Fair.
- Patent Law Interview Program bidding deadline.
- Reed Smith is accepting applications for its Diverse Scholars Program.
- Baker Donelson is accepting applications for its diversity scholarship.
- Judicial clerkship opportunity with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- Web access for policy, political and human rights jobs.
- Pre-registration is now available for the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA) Job Fair.
- Paid internship for fall 2009 with the Office of the Chief Counsel for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Division.
- Urban Debate Advocacy Fellowship for recent graduates and current 3Ls.
- Additional resources and potential opportunities for recent graduates and current 3Ls.
- Registration is now open for the Boston Lawyers Group Job Fairs for Law Students of Color.
- Registration is now open for the IMPACT Career Fair for Law Students and Attorneys with Disabilities.
- National Black Prosecutors Association 26th annual Conference and Job Fair.
- The National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Bar Association annual Career Fair and Conference.
- Registration is now open for the Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair in Kansas City, Mo.
- Registration is now open for the Indianapolis Bar Association (IBA) 2009 Diversity Job Fair.
- Applications are now available for the 2009 Tri-State Diversity Recruitment Program.
- Access the BYU Intercollegiate Job Bank.
- Password-protected sites now available through Symplicity.
- Law Bulletin Legal Employment Weekly online bulletin.
- Commencement information for the Class of 2009:
- Your Commencement-day details.
- Directions and parking information.
- Special assistance information.
- July 29: Post-Bar party at Rock Bottom Brewery.
- Alumni Online Community and e-mail forwarding.
- 2009 Class Gift:
- Special presentation in robing room at Commencement.
- Thank you donors--Zipper pulls to be handed out at Commencement!
Career Advisor Network.
- Chicago-Kent is now LinkedIn!
- Apply now for the Robert Masur Fellowship. The deadline is May 15.
- Apply now for the American Association for Justice Scholarship Program.
- Apply now for the Attorney CPA Foundation Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Kane County Bar Foundation Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Minority Corporate Counsel Association Scholarship.
- Apply now for the DuPage County Justinian Society of Lawyers Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Defense Research Institute Diversity Scholarship.
- Enter now for the Nonsmokers' Rights Essay Contest.
- Apply now for the Knights of Dabrowski Scholarships.
- Apply now for the Jeremy Protas LGBT Patent Law Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Polish Women's Civic Club Scholarship. The deadline is July 1.
- The NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund Essay Contest.
- Limited-edition boxed copy of Making Your Case: The Art of Persuading Judges on sale.
- Bookstore sale:
- Clearance rack items are 50 percent off at the register.
- Bargain books are now 50 percent off the sticker price.
& Student Programs
- Summer 2009 Law Offices In-House Clinic information.
- Fall 2009: Corporate externship.
- Summer/fall 2009: For-credit legal externships with Chicago Transit Authority Office of the President.
- Fall 2009: Externships with U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Fall 2009: Externships with Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago.
- Fall 2009: Externships with Cook County Domestic Relations Court.
- Fall 2009: Externships with Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- Fall 2009: Externships with Internal Revenue Service, Office of Chief Counsel.
- Fall 2009: Externships with Cook County State's Attorney's Office, Workers' Compensation Division.
- Fall 2009: Externships with Chicago Transit Authority Legal Department.
- Fall 2009: Externships with U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Division of Enforcement.
- Fall 2009: Externships with U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights.
- For a description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at: www.kentlaw.edu/academics/clinic.
- Administrative memo number 11.
- Council for American Students in International Negotiations (CASIN) official newsletter.
- Journal of Law and Conflict Resolution call for papers.
- The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers 2009 Writing Competition rules. The competition ends in May.
- No new entries this week.
& Information Services
- Exam schedule for spring 2009.
- SofTest registration and download site for spring 2009 final exams opened April 20.
- CLC monthly network maintenance schedule.
- Latest McAfee DAT file is sdat5608.
- CLC Web site: http://www.kentlaw.edu/clc.
- May 1 to 15: Restricted access for exams.
- Extended hours for finals.
- Part-time student employment in the library.
- Become a fan of the library: Find us on Facebook!
- A reminder about security in the library!
- Featured resource: National statistics pages from UNdata.
- General library policies.
- Free CALI lessons available to law students.
- Submit letter of intent for the Certificate in Public Interest Law.
- Institute for Law and the Humanities paper prize.
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Building and library hours during final exams and Commencement 2009, effective May 2 to May 17.
- Spring 2009 student hiring procedures.
- Discount parking: DTC faculty, staff and students for 2009 spring and summer semesters.
- Downtown Campus safety tips.
- Shuttle bus schedule.
- DTC Bursar's Office hours.
- Administration and Finance office hours.
- Online room reservation form.
- Join the Chicago-Kent Advocates.
- Admissions office hours.
- June 5: 28th annual Conference on Not-For-Profit Organizations.
- Upcoming CLE programs.
- Last Record issue for the spring term is May 11.
- Summer 2009 Record publication schedule.
- Record templates available for students and staff.
- Human Resources hours at the Downtown Campus.
Click here for the template
to use for creating Record announcement pages. More information is available on the
About the Record page.
- Good luck on finals!
- Questions for SBA? Comments for SBA? E-mail them to us!
- If you are interested in joining IPLS, there are membership forms on the IPLS bulletin board on the Concourse.
- Welcome the 2009-10 KJF board.
- Volunteer opportunity.
- Thank you for a great year!
- Congratulations to Mark Hoffman, who is our president for another term!