Headlines for the Week of May 10, 2010
of the Dean
| Student Services
- Have a nice summer!
- Spring 2010 final exams:
- Exam schedule.
- Availability of professors' old exams.
- Exam emergencies.
- Consulting laptops during exams.
- Cell phones during exams.
- Access to computer labs during exams.
- Exam method.
- Notice to graduating seniors:
- E-mail and network accounts.
- Clearing out lockers.
- Summer 2010 term information:
- Classroom assignments.
- Initial reading assignments.
- Fall 2010 registration.
- Fall 2010 initial reading assignments and course materials.
- Joke of the week.
- Transcript processing.
- Fall 2010 registration.
- Spring 2011 preliminary schedule.
- Spring 2010 final exams.
- Dean's certificate for the Illinois bar.
- Office hours.
- Good luck on finals.
- Finals programming and stress relief.
- Student organization transitioning handbook.
- Orientation leaders wanted.
- Counseling services.
- Lender deadlines for summer term.
- Summer term financial aid.
- Deadlines: Spring and summer semesters.
- Graduating students: Did you miss the exit counseling session?
- Direct loans: Financial aid program change.
- Chase federal loan program suspended.
- 2010-11 FAFSA now available.
- Congratulations to Susan DeCostanza on the birth of her son.
- Network of Indian Professionals (NetIP) Professional Development Speaker Series.
- May 15: Application deadline for the Robert Masur Fellowship for Civil Liberties.
- Fall recruiting: Make-up procedures for mandatory April program.
- August 11 to 13: WealthCounsel Estate Planning Symposium.
- Reed Smith 2010 Diverse Scholars Program.
- The National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Bar Association Annual Career Fair and Conference.
- Reproductive Justice Fellowship Program.
- Registration is now open for the Cook County Bar Association (CCBA) Minority Law Student Job Fair.
- May 14: Registration deadline for the St. Louis Diversity Job Fair.
- Federal work study at community-based organizations available in summer 2010.
- The Association of Family and Conciliation Courts' 47th annual conference.
- IMPACT Career Fair for Law Students and Attorneys with Disabilities.
- Registration now open for the Boston Lawyers Group 2010 Job Fairs for Law Students of Color.
- National Black Prosecutors Association Annual Job Fair.
- Registration now open for the Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair.
- Registration now open for the Indianapolis Bar Association 2010 Diversity Job Fair.
- May 14: Extended application deadline for 2010 DRI Law Student Diversity Scholarship.
- The Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area: Opportunities for volunteer attorneys and deferred associates.
- NALP Summer Apartment Exchange website.
- U.S. Department of Justice volunteer legal internships for summer 2010.
- 2009-10 Government Honors & Internship Handbook.
- Institute for Justice Summer Law Clerk Program.
- A list of resources for 2009-10 graduates with start-date deferrals from large law firms.
- Commencement information:
- Your Commencement is Sunday, May 16, 2010.
- Important: "Day-of" instructions.
- Venue information: UIC Forum.
- Commencement ticket details.
- Class of 2010: E-mail and network accounts expire August 2.
- 2010 Class Gifts:
- "Got 210?" -- Donate by May 14 to get your Commencement zipper-pull.
- J.D. project.
- LL.M. project.
- Thank you to our donors!
- Career Advisor Network.
- Chicago-Kent is LinkedIn!
- Apply now for the Robert Masur Fellowship for Civil Liberties Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Albert Pick Jr. Fund Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Chicago Bar Foundation Marovitz Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Darleen J. and Robert L. Walker Scholarship Fund.
- Apply now for the Little Village Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Kane County Bar Foundation Law School Scholarships.
- Apply now for the Asian American Bar Association for the Greater Chicago Area Law Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Essex County Bar Association Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Crusade for Education Financial Aid Program.
- Apply now for the Polish Women's Civic Club Inc. Scholarship.
- Apply now for the 2010 Justinian Scholarship Award.
- Seventh World Conference on Nonsmokers' Rights Writing Contest.
- Greeting cards for Mother's Day, Father's Day and graduation in stock.
& Student Programs
- Summer/Fall 2010 Semester Legal Externship Program:
- Mitsui Rail Capital LLC (for credit only).
- For additional summer/fall externship opportunities, you may consult Symplicity or see Professor Gross.
- Fall 2010 Semester Legal Externship Program:
- Cook County Domestic Relations Court (4 credit hours).
- For a description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at: www.kentlaw.edu/academics/clinic.
- Congratulations, 2010 LL.M. graduates!
- Sixth administrative memo for LL.M. and exchange students.
- Spring 2010 exam instructions for LL.M. and exchange students.
- International Conference on Multiculturalism and Global Community call for papers.
- Scholarship possibilities for studying at Leiden Law School, the Netherlands.
- Using a credit card to make tuition payments: New rules went into effect in November 2009.
- The ABA Section on Dispute Resolution Annual Law Student Writing Competition.
- The College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers 2010 Law Student Writing Competition.
- No new entries this week.
& Information Services
- "C-K Dialup" service has been discontinued.
- SofTest registration and download site for spring 2010 final exams opened
- New myIIT password reset tool.
- IIT Print Channel on myIIT is for Main Campus printing only and not for use at the Downtown Campus.
- Revised Web hosting policies.
- Reminder: Apple Computer support and services documents.
- CLC monthly network maintenance schedule.
- Latest McAfee DAT file is sdat5974.
- Restricted access during final exams.
- Library hours for final exams.
- Become a fan of the library: Find us on Facebook!
- Secure your personal property in the library!
- General library policies.
- Free CALI lessons available to law students.
- Volunteer this summer at the Self-Help Web Center.
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Building hours during exams and Commencement weekend, Saturday, May 1, through Sunday, May 16.
- Summer building and library hours, effective Monday, May 17.
- 2010 spring Chicago-Kent student hiring procedures.
- Reminder: A new payroll authorization must be completed each term for international student workers.
- 2010 spring/summer semester discounted parking rates for DTC faculty, staff and students.
- Downtown Campus safety tips.
- Shuttle bus schedule.
- Shuttle bus pickup location change.
- DTC Bursar's Office hours.
- Administration and Finance office hours.
- Online room reservation form.
- Student assistant needed for Office of Admissions.
- Join the Chicago-Kent Advocates.
- Admissions office hours.
- June 3: 29th annual Conference on Not-For-Profit Organizations.
- Upcoming CLE conferences.
- Last Record issue for the spring term is May 10.
- Summer 2010 Record publication schedule.
- Record templates available for students and staff.
- Human Resources hours at the Downtown Campus.
Click here for the template
to use for creating Record announcement pages. More information is available on the
About the Record page.
- Announcing the 2010-11 ELS board!
- Congratulations, 2010 Fellowship recipients!
- Meet the 2010-11 KJF board.
- May 9 to 15: "Help Women & Girls" donation drive for National Women's Health Week.