Headlines for the Week of March 7, 2011
of the Dean
- Congratulations to the Moot Court Honor Society!
- ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition regional tournament. (added 3/8/2011)
| Student Services
- Academic calendar reminder: Spring break begins March 12 at noon and ends March 20.
- Habitat for Humanity: Volunteer activity in honor of Charles Koziol.
- Bar preparation class: Audio tapes available.
- Joke of the week.
- Office hours.
- Pass/fail revocation: Deadline is April 29.
- Official student withdrawal process.
- Academic Support Program: Spring 2011.
- Spring U-Pass information.
- Insurance information.
- Academic Resource Library.
- Update: Spring semester scholarship status.
- Tuition refund disbursement.
- 1098-T tax forms.
- How to receive your Perkins Loan.
- Vietnamese American Bar Association of Washington (VABAW): Hong Duc Clerkship 2011.
- Summer 2011 NAACP Law Fellow Program. (added 3/7/2011)
- National Association of Women Lawyers & Prudential 1L Summer Internship.
- Hispanic Lawyers Scholarship Fund Fellowship application.
- March 7: Registration deadline for 2011 Patent Law Interview Program.
- Access2Practice Legal Externship Program: Postings available now!
- August 12: Save the date for the 2011 Cook County Bar Association (CCBA) Job Fair.
- Indianapolis Bar Association Diversity Job Fair.
- ABA John J. Curtin Jr. Justice Fund 2011 Summer Legal Internship Program.
- Equal Justice Works Summer Corps: Application opens March 16.
- March 11: Application deadline for LAGBAC Foundation 2011 Summer Scholarship Grant.
- Free membership to the Legal Balance.
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) Annual Insurance Coverage and Claims Institute.
- March 11: U.S. Air Force JAG Corps interviews.
- March 8: Alternative Careers Day at the CSO.
- March 29, 30 and 31: Do you have, or hope to have, any job interviews? Sign up for a mock interview! (Please note new date.)
- March 8: ABA Panel on Careers in Labor & Employment Law.
- March 11: JAG Corps Career Opportunities Panel.
- March 22: Professionalism Series: "Cite-Checking, Yes; Coffee, No: Working with Support Staff as a Law Clerk or New Attorney."
- March 23: "Fight Human Trafficking."
- March 24: Small and Midsize Firm Reception.
- March 26: "Chicago-Kent Volunteers."
- March 29 and 30: First Defense Legal Aid volunteer trainings.
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA) Foundation now accepting applications for funding of unpaid communications-related legal internships.
- Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund for Progressive Social Change.
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee Minority Outreach Program.
- Résumé Books for spring.
- 2011 summer PILI student internship application now open for 1L students.
- 2010-11 Government Honors & Internship Handbook.
- Commencement information:
- March 8 and 9: Last chance for composite photo sittings.
- Required forms: Cap and gown order form and graduate survey.
- Your commencement timeline.
- Out-of-town graduates.
- Have a family member who's a graduate? Ask him or her to be your Alumni Legacy Hooder.
- 2011 Class Gift:
- The 2011 Class Gift is underway!
- Join the Class Gift Committee.
- Chicago-Kent Night with the White Sox:
- Half-price tickets available for White Sox versus Minnesota Twins on July 7.
- Apply now for the Illinois Judicial Council scholarship fund. Application deadline is March 18.
- Apply now for the Bohemian Lawyers' Association of Chicago scholarship fund. Application deadline is March 31.
- Apply now for the DRI Law Student Diversity Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Crusade for Education Financial Aid Programs.
- Apply now for the Grand Rapids Community Foundation Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Polish Women's Civic Club Scholarship.
- Apply now for the 2011 Illinois Government Bar Association Scholarship.
- Apply now for the 2011 DuPage County Chapter of the Justinian Society of Lawyers Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Asian American Bar Association for the Greater Chicago Area Law Foundation Scholarship. Deadline extended to March 15.
- Apply now for the Howard Fox Memorial Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Women Trial Lawyers Caucus of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) Women for Justice Education Fund 2011 Mike Eidson Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago Foundation Scholarship.
- Enter to win free books by becoming a fan of the bookstore on Facebook!
- The winners of this week's drawing are...
- Winter clearance sale.
& Student Programs
- LADR Certificate Program applications due on March 7 at 5 p.m.
- Criminal Litigation Certificate Program applications due on March 7 at 5 p.m.
- Access2Practice Legal Externship Program information.
- Summer 2011 externship opportunities:
- Mintel International Group Ltd.
- Real estate development and management externship.
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Division of Enforcement.
- Meckler Bulger Tilson Marick & Pearson LLP.
- Hauselman, Rappin & Olswang Ltd.
- Fall 2011 externship opportunities:
- Mintel International Group Ltd.
- Exciting corporate law externship: Accenture/DLA Piper Commercial Law Externship.
- Intellectual property (IP) legal externship for IP Certificate participants at Seyfarth Shaw LLP.
- Externships with the U.S. Attorney's Office, Northern District of Illinois.
- Work study job opportunity.
- Judicial externships: Fall 2011 semester.
- For a description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at www.kentlaw.edu/academics/clinic.
- Optional practical training tutorial.
- Study abroad applications due March 15.
- I-Center hours and travel signatures.
- March 8: ABA Outreach Program.
- No new entries this week.
& Information Services
- New PrintAll student printer.
- Student worker needed: Technical support assistant.
- Web access for student Mac users.
- Wireless connection registration instructions.
- Help Desk hours.
- MyIIT password reset tool.
- IIT Print Channel on myIIT is for Main Campus printing only and not for use at the Downtown Campus.
- Apple Computer support and services documents.
- Weekly maintenance schedule.
- Latest McAfee DAT file is sdat6277.
- Take a virtual tour of the library.
- Library hours.
- Become a fan of the library: Find us on Facebook!
- Secure your personal property in the library!
- General library policies.
- Free CALI lessons available to law students.
- Study aid raffle continues.
- New student representative hours.
- Sign up for available volunteer time slots at the Self-Help Web Center.
- Submit your letter of intent for the Certificate in Public Interest Law.
- March 8: ABA Outreach Program.
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Spring 2011 building and library hours.
- 2011 spring Chicago-Kent student hiring procedures.
- 2011 biweekly pay calendar.
- 2011 spring semester discount parking for DTC faculty, staff and students.
- Downtown Campus safety tips.
- Shuttle bus schedule.
- DTC Bursar's Office hours.
- Administration and Finance office hours.
- Online room reservation form.
- Join the Chicago-Kent Advocates.
- Admissions office hours.
- March 18: "Hot Topics in Contemporary Labor Relations Law" Conference.
- Upcoming CLE conferences.
- Record templates available for students and staff.
- Human Resources hours at the Downtown Campus.
Click here for the template
to use for creating Record announcement pages. More information is available on the
About the Record page.
NOTE: Student organizations that need assistance with posting Record announcements may submit their full announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Wednesdays. Announcements from those student organizations not posting their own Record pages will be collected together on one page. (Follow the links below to organization announcements.)
- Register for March 29 and 30 Lobby Day Field Trip.
- Bike drive at Chicago-Kent: Help provide bikes for those in need!
- Earth Day coming soon!
- Sign up for the first spring Round Table events.
- March 9: Discussion on inequitable conduct with Therasense attorney Lawrence Pope, 3 p.m. in room 510.
- March 23: "Patent Licensing and Enforcement," 3 p.m. in room 370.
- April 7: Spring Alumni Cocktail Reception, 6 p.m. in the 10th floor event room.
- March 8: First general meeting, noon in room 345.
- March 11: Judge Advocate General (JAG) Career Opportunities Panel, noon in room 370.