Headlines for the Week of May 9, 2011
of the Dean
| Student Services
- Have a nice summer!
- Spring 2011 final exams:
- Exam schedule.
- Availability of professors' old exams.
- Exam emergencies.
- Consulting laptops during exams.
- Cell phones during exams.
- Access to computer labs during exams.
- Exam method notices.
- Notices to graduating seniors:
- Email and network accounts.
- Clearing out lockers.
- Summer 2011 term information:
- Add/drop period.
- Classroom assignments.
- Initial reading assignments.
- Fall 2011 registration.
- Fall 2011 initial reading assignments and course materials.
- Dean's certificate for the Illinois bar.
- Bar exams in other jurisdictions.
- Joke of the week.
- Office hours.
- Summer 2011 class schedule and registration.
- Fall 2011 class schedule.
- Spring 2011 final exams.
- Official student withdrawal process.
- Academic Support Program: Spring 2011.
- Spring U-Pass information.
- Insurance information.
- Academic Resource Library.
- Continuing student scholarships for 2011-12.
- Deadlines for spring and summer semesters.
- Summer disbursement schedule.
- Summer federal work study.
- Summer financial aid information.
- Update: Did you miss the federal loan exit counseling?
- Welcome, newly admitted students!
- Payment plans for the fall semester.
- Tuition refund disbursement.
- How to receive your Perkins Loan.
- Equal Justice Works Educational Debt Relief Summer 2011 Webinar Schedule.
- Reed Smith 2011 Diverse Scholars Program.
- Summer Résumé Books go live May 16.
- Make-up procedures for "What's Next for Fall?"
- Registration now open for Rocky Mountain Diversity Legal Career Fair.
- Registration now open for LGBT Bar Association Lavender Law Conference and Career Fair.
- Registration now open for 2011 Cook County Bar Association (CCBA) Minority Law Student Job Fair.
- Registration now open for the 2011 Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair.
- Registration now open for the Boston Lawyers Group 2011 Job Fairs for Law Students of Color.
- Registration now open for IMPACT Career Fair for Law Students and Attorneys with Disabilities.
- CSO open all summer long.
- National Black Prosecutors Association Annual Job Fair.
- Baker Donelson Diversity Scholarship.
- May 13: Registration deadline for St. Louis Diversity Job Fair.
- Registration now open for Indianapolis Bar Association Diversity Job Fair.
- Free membership to the Legal Balance.
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee Minority Outreach Program.
- 2010-11 Government Honors & Internship Handbook.
- Commencement information:
- Important: "Day of" instructions.
- Venue information: UIC Forum.
- Ticket information.
- July 27: Class of 2011 Post-Bar Party.
- Class of 2011: Email and network accounts expire August 1.
- 2011 Class Gift:
- The 2011 Class Gift is underway!
- Donate by May 13 to receive your zipper pull for Commencement.
- Thank you to our donors!
- Half-price tickets available for two White Sox games:
- Law Night: June 9, versus Oakland A's.
- Chicago-Kent Night: July 7, versus Minnesota Twins.
- Apply now for the Frank H. Lang Merit Scholarship.
- Albert Pick Jr. Fund Law Student Scholarship Program.
- Baker Donelson Diversity Scholarship application.
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys Writing Contest.
- Apply now for the Crusade for Education Financial Aid Programs.
- Apply now for the Polish Women's Civic Club Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Women Trial Lawyers Caucus of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) Women for Justice Education Fund 2011 Mike Eidson Scholarship.
- Cash for your books.
- Clearance sale.
- Rolled t-shirt sale extended.
& Student Programs
- Job opportunity: Work study.
- Summer/fall judicial externship: Cook County Domestic Relations Court (4 credit hours). 2Ls and 3Ls.
- Access2Practice Legal Externship Program information.
- Fall 2011 externship opportunities:
- Legal externships with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- For a description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at www.kentlaw.edu/academics/clinic.
- Tax information for LLM students.
- Commencement information:
- Your commencement timeline.
- IIT Commencement Ceremony.
- Optional practical training tutorial.
- I-Center hours and travel signatures.
- No new entries this week.
& Information Services
- PrintAll student printer.
- Web access for student Mac users.
- Wireless connection registration instructions.
- Help Desk hours.
- MyIIT password reset tool.
- IIT Print Channel on myIIT is for Main Campus printing only and not for use at the Downtown Campus.
- Apple Computer support and services documents.
- Weekly maintenance schedule.
- Latest McAfee DAT file is sdat6337.
- Restricted access during final exams.
- Take a virtual tour of the library.
- Library hours.
- Become a fan of the library: Find us on Facebook!
- Secure your personal property in the library!
- General library policies.
- Free CALI lessons available to law students.
- WestlawNext now prints at Chicago-Kent.
- Study aid raffle details.
- Westlaw student representatives' schedule.
- Get legal experience this summer at the Self-Help Web Center.
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Building and library hours during final exams and Commencement weekend, Saturday, April 30, through Sunday, May 15.
- 2011 spring Chicago-Kent student hiring procedures.
- 2011 biweekly pay calendar.
- 2011 spring semester discount parking for DTC faculty, staff and students.
- Downtown Campus safety tips.
- Shuttle bus schedule.
- DTC Bursar's Office hours.
- Administration and Finance office hours.
- Online room reservation form.
- Join the Chicago-Kent Advocates.
- Admissions office hours.
- May 19 and 20: 30th annual Tax Institute. Student volunteers needed!
- Upcoming CLE conferences.
- Last Record issue of the spring term is May 9.
- The Record will be on hiatus during the week of May 16.
- Biweekly summer publication schedule begins on May 23.
- Record templates available for students and staff.
- Human Resources hours at the Downtown Campus.
Click here for the template
to use for creating Record announcement pages. More information is available on the
About the Record page.
NOTE: Student organizations that need assistance with posting Record announcements may submit their full announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Wednesdays. Announcements from those student organizations not posting their own Record pages will be collected together on one page. (Follow the links below to organization announcements.)
- Volunteer at the Chicago Green Festival.