Headlines for the Week of January 30, 2012
of the Dean
| Student Services
- Pass/fail elections.
- Academic Support Program.
- Writing contests.
- Joke of the week.
- Office hours.
- Fall 2011 grade submissions.
- Accessing your grades.
- U-Pass distribution.
- Spring 2012 registration.
- Pass/fail elections.
- Adding and dropping classes.
- Graduating students: Reduced loads and tuition discounts.
- Graduation application deadline.
- Business law certificate program.
- Taking courses at Stuart School of Business.
- Official student withdrawal process.
- Student health insurance information.
- Academic Resource Library.
- Student business cards.
- Counseling Center information.
- Urgent: Student budget survey due February 1.
- Spring semester scholarship status.
- Spring 2011 disbursement schedule.
- Spring disbursement process: Step-by-step.
- Attention fall graduates: Federal loan exit counseling.
- Planning to study abroad in spring 2012?
- January 9: Deadline to pay tuition and fees or enroll in a payment plan.
- New cashier office hours.
- Receive your 1098-T electronically.
- Financial aid refunds.
- How to receive your Perkins Loan.
- January 30: Motorola Mobility In-House Summer Legal Internship.
- February 29: Air Force JAG interviewing on campus.
- January 31: Preparing for the Midwest Public Interest Law Career Conference (MPILCC).
- January 31 to February 2: MPILCC Mock Interviews on campus.
- February 4: Midwest Public Interest Law Career Conference (MPILCC).
- February 7: Patent Bar Exam informational program.
- "Professionalism Series" programs begin on February 8.
- February 8: Professionalism Series: Interviewing Strategy.
- February 10: The Boston Lawyers Group's 2012 1L Diversity Clerkship Program.
- February 10: Applications for Air Force JAG summer internships due.
- February 13: Applications due for the Bergstrom Child Welfare Law Summer Fellowship.
- February 16: Practice Tracks Career Fair Program.
- February 17: Application deadline for Georges Fellowship for Conservation at the John G. Shedd Aquarium.
- February 17 and 18: 18th annual Rebellious Lawyering Conference ("RebLaw 2012") at Yale Law School.
- March 2: Deadline to apply for the City of Chicago Department of Law 2012 Summer Law Clerk Program.
- March 10: Apply for the Institute for Justice 2012 Law Student Conference, June 24 at George Washington University.
- Opt in to Résumé Books for spring!
- ABA Standing Committee on Lawyers' Professional Liability Levit Essay Contest for Law Students and Young Lawyers.
- Free webinar series: "The Summer Public Interest Job Search: Expert Tips on Cover Letters, Résumés, Interviewing and Networking."
- Make-up procedures for mandatory 1L orientation.
- OCI: Don't forget to report callbacks and offers!
- Association of Corporate Counsel Diversity Summer Internship Program.
- Just the Beginning Foundation Diversity Judicial Externships.
- Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI): Applications opened for 2Ls on October 15.
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee Minority Outreach Program.
- Federal Communications Bar Association summer stipends: Applications due March 14.
- Janet D. Steiger Fellowship Project Summer 2012.
- Charlotte Legal Diversity Clerkship Program for 1L Students.
- ABA Environmental, Energy and Resources Section Diversity Program Summer Fellowships 2012.
- Chicago Schweitzer Fellows Program.
- Georgetown Law Clinical Teaching Fellowships.
- Job fairs: Don't forget to report callbacks and offers!
- PSLawNet: Public interest job postings and summer funding resource.
- Updated Vermont Guide to State Judicial Clerkships.
- 2011-12 Government Honors & Internship Handbook.
- Commencement information:
- Application for graduation due Monday, January 30.
- Sign up for spring 2012 composite photo dates: February 7 to 9.
- March 6: Grad Info Day.
- Information for out-of-town graduates.
- Have a family member who's a graduate? Ask him or her to be your Alumni Legacy Hooder.
- Class of 2012 Class Gift:
- Announcing the 2012 Class Gift Project.
- Your 2012 Class Gift Committee.
- Thank you to our donors!
- Alumni Career Advisor Network: Search for an advisor.
- Apply now for the Honorable Timothy C. Evans Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Asian Law Student Scholarship.
- Apply now for the William McClain Scholarship, funded by the Black Lawyers Association of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati Bar Association.
- Apply now for the Women Trial Lawyers Caucus of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) Mike Eidson Scholarship.
- Apply now for the ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship.
- Application deadline extended for the Geri and Ron Yonover Fellowship.
- Apply now for the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago's Academic Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Get Prepped LSAT Prep Law School Scholarship.
- Apply now for the Michigan Auto Law Diversity Scholarship.
- Submit essays now for the Institute for Justice Center for Judicial Engagement Law Student Essay Contest.
- Submit essays now for the 2012 Hogan/Smoger Access to Justice Essay Contest.
& Student Programs
- Judicial externships: Summer and fall 2012 semesters.
- Access2Practice Legal Externship Program information: Summer and fall 2012.
- Summer externship opportunity: U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
- Professor Richard Kling interviewed by NBC 5.
- Tax Clinic changes.
- Professor Edward Kraus appointed to the HHS Advisory Commission on Childhood Vaccines.
- For a description of all clinical programs, please visit the Law Offices home page at www.kentlaw.edu/academics/clinic.
- February 21: Study abroad information session.
- International Center hours and travel signatures.
- No new entries this week.
& Information Services
- Connecting to wireless.
- Print reset.
- Student printing from remote locations now available.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Antivirus available for student use.
- Using webmail in Internet Explorer 9.
- Service alerts and news.
- Latest McAfee DAT file is sdat6600.
- Take a virtual tour of the library.
- Library hours.
- Become a fan of the library: Find us on Facebook!
- Secure your personal property in the library!
- General library policies.
- CALI Lessons: Free study materials upgraded for 2011-12.
- Limited volunteer and work study positions available at the Self-Help Web Center. Sign up now!
- 1Ls: Submit your letter of intent for the Certificate in Public Interest Law.
- Weekly activities schedule.
- Spring 2012 building and library hours.
- 2012 spring Chicago-Kent student hiring procedures.
- 2012 biweekly pay calendar.
- 2012 spring semester discount parking for DTC faculty, staff and students.
- Defibrillator at the Downtown Campus.
- Downtown Campus safety tips.
- Shuttle bus schedule.
- DTC Bursar's Office hours.
- Administration and Finance office hours.
- Online room reservation form.
- Student assistant needed in Admissions Office for spring 2012.
- Join the Chicago-Kent Advocates.
- Admissions office hours.
- Upcoming CLE conferences.
- Record templates available for students and staff.
- Human Resources hours at the Downtown Campus.
Click here for the template
to use for creating Record announcement pages. More information is available on the
About the Record page.
NOTE: Student organizations that need assistance with posting Record announcements may submit their full announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Wednesdays. Announcements from those student organizations not posting their own Record pages will be collected together on one page. (Follow the links below to organization announcements.)
- Read the minutes from the January 25 SBA General Assembly meeting.
- February 1: General meeting, 4 p.m. in room 370.
- Inter-APALSA tenatively scheduled for February 3.
- February 6: APALSA food/bake sale.
- January 31: Attend the Environmental Law Society general meeting, noon in room 155.
- February 7: Join Anthony Licata for a speaker event, 1 p.m. in room 170.
- Save the date! The 2012 Great Lakes Environmental Law Symposium is on March 30.
- February 24: Protecting the Great Lakes Symposium.
- Check out the National Association of Environmental Law Society events.
- January 31: Speaker event with Michael A. Peroff, noon to 1:30 p.m. in room 165.
- February 7: Patent Bar Exam informational program, noon to 1 p.m. in room C40.
- February 1: Tea Time with Dr. Barnes, 3 to 4 p.m., room TBD.
- February 9: Inter-School Chicago IP Law Society Social, 7 to 10 p.m., Brando's Speakeasy, 343 South Dearborn Street.
- February 21: IPLS general meeting, 6 to 7:30 p.m., room TBD.
- March 1: IPLAC Young Members Event, 6 to 8 p.m., room TBD.
- April 5: IPLS Alumni Awards Ceremony and Reception, 6 to 9 p.m. in the 10th floor event room.
- Seeking bailiffs for the Philip C. Jessup Moot Court Competition.
- Accepting Student Note submissions for spring 2012 publication. Deadline is February 4.