From Professor Steven Heyman
Seeking a summer research assistant for a project on the origins of the American conception of religious liberty
Professor Steve Heyman is seeking a summer research assistant for a project on the origins of the American conception of religious liberty. The work would involve reading primary sources (such as writings by James Madison and Thomas Jefferson) as well as books and articles about the ideas of religious freedom during the founding period. The work would be full-time for 8-10 weeks during the summer, but there is a possibility of making it half-time.
Applicants should have a GPA of 3.3 or above. A background in religion, philosophy, history, or political science would be valuable but is not required. If you are interested in being considered, please send your resume, a list of grades, and a short statement regarding your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 12.
From Professor Bernadette Atuahene
Looking for a part-time research assistant for the Center on Social-Legal Approaches to Property
We are looking for a passionate, part-time research assistant who will join us in our mission of educating communities on restorative justice. Candidates will help with the research, promotion, and distribution of curriculum to schools and universities, as well as educate online communities.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Helping create outreach strategies to local communities.
- Producing promotional material to school and university staff.
- Managing contacts and distribution lists.
- Entering and analyzing data.
- Participating in weekly research meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- College degree or higher-level coursework in education, social sciences, law, or other related fields.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of higher education systems.
- Strong social justice experience and some community organization skills.
Other Skills & Abilities (required)
- Must be reliable, task-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must have computer knowledge and basic Microsoft Office experience
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.