Assistant needed: Master of Public Administration China Program
- Acts as liaison between Chinese MPA cohort students and IIT department heads.
- Assists program and academic directors with multiple tasks related to China groups and administration of academic programs, ranging from program of study advisement to course registration.
- Maintain files of all programs, letters and payments.
- Performs data entry for admissions and international documentation.
- Assists with prospective students' admissions materials and correspondence.
- Translates, designs and distributes MPA news and information materials.
- Organizes, schedules and coordinates logisitics for participants in MPA short-term training program, MPA degree program, visiting delegations, including:
- IDs and CTA U-Passes
- Correspondence and coordination with IIT International Center and US Consulate.
- Plans/implements student orientations.
- Assists with MPA program's conferences and receptions.
- Provides interpretation and translation services when needed.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills - both Chinese (Mandarin) and English.
- Outstanding organizational skills, including project management skills.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat and other design software.
- Ability to work well with multiple administrative offices/departments throughout IIT and work with multi-task assignments.
- Reports to MPA Program Development Director and MPA Academic Director, China programs.
Commitment of 20 hours/week is required.
If interested in applying for this position, please submit resume to the MPA program at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include job title in subject field of e-mail.