Student Animal Legal Defense Fund
Learn how to become a court advocate for animals
HELP STOP ANIMAL ABUSE
HELP CREATE SAFE, HUMANE COMMUNITIES
BECOME A D.A.W.G. COURT ADVOCATE!
Monday, March 29, 2010, 6:05 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Chicago-Kent College of Law
Take advantage of this opportunity to learn about animal-related laws, court cases and court advocacy with law enforcement professionals and experienced court advocates.
- Review the laws and procedures for court cases involving animals or defendants accused of animal abuse.
- You'll meet and hear from experts, and get copies of relevant laws.
- Learn about the connections between animal abuse and animal fighting with gangs, drugs, guns, domestic violence and other violent crime.
- Learn the duties of D.A.W.G. (Dog Advisory Work Group) Court Advocates and how they have impact.
- You’ll meet experienced Court Advocates and receive materials about becoming an Advocate.
Participation is free of charge, but you must pre-register to reserve a place.
To register, contact email@example.com or 312-409-2169, mailbox 3.