Environmental Law Moot Court Team
Invitation to join the team for the Pace National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition
The nation's premier environmental law moot court, a national competition with more than 70 law schools participating, will be held February 24-26, 2011, at Pace University in New York. If you're interested in environmental law, and want to participate in a competition that tests your skills in brief writing and oral argument, apply for a position on this year's team. Pace focuses its problems on current environmental law issues, such as regulation of greenhouse gases, and team members have the opportunity to network with Chicago-Kent PEEL alumni supporting the team. Applications for this year's team will be accepted from August 16 through August 27. Team meetings will be held in early September to prepare for the briefing portion of the competition (from October 4 through November 29) and oral argument practices will begin in January, lasting through competition.
If you are interested in participating, please e-mail the following information to team coach Kristin Munsch at email@example.com by Friday, August 27:
- Application letter addressing why you want to participate on the Pace team, including:
- Environmental law experience or other relevant environmental experience
- Fall semester class and work schedule
- Name and e-mail address of your first-year legal writing instructor
- Other relevant oral or written competition experience
- Writing sample, preferably from an appellate brief (10 pages maximum)
Team interviews will be held during the week of August 30, 2010. Please contact Ms. Munsch by e-mail or by phone at 312-263-4282 if you have any questions. For more information about the Pace Law School National Environmental Moot Court Competition, please visit www.law.pace.edu.