The election for 2006-2007 LELS officers will be held on Tuesday, April 18.
We need new officers for LELS: Meagan, Evan, Clint and John are all graduating and moving on. Congrats to all of you! But, that leaves all the seats on the board open. Alot was accomplished this year: Getting the outline bank up and running (we are always accepting outlines, if anyone has any they would like to share), the LELS networking directory, the McGee's event, the new Constitution, the updated Web site, and the ABA Outreach program.
If you are interested in running, please submit a candidate statement indicating what office you are running for and your goals and interests in LELS. Send your statement to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be uploaded on the Web site.
The offices and their descriptions:
- President: The President shall call LELS meetings, coordinate the operation and direction of LELS including, but not limited to, debate forums, topics of debate, speaker events and decisions regarding keynote speakers, delegate committee assignments to other officers, and serve as a liaison between LELS and the Chicago-Kent administration.
- Vice-President: The Vice-President shall call LELS meetings in the President's absence. The Vice-President shall also help recruit new members and encourage participation among all members and assist the Board in fulfilling their duties.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall maintain the financial accounts and records of the Society, set forth the LELS budget, and submit the Society's financial reports to the Student Bar Association ("SBA") according to SBA guidelines.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall compile and maintain the minutes of meetings and the record of organization, keep a current list of members, and be responsible for notifying members, and the Chicago-Kent community at large, of meetings and important events.
- Special Events Coordinator: The Events Coordinator shall call meetings of the Social Committee and assist the committee in carrying out its objectives.
Voting will take place on 4/13 and 4/14 by e-mailing your choices to email@example.com. Once all votes are counted, the new officers will be notified and an announcement placed on the Web site on Thursday, April 20.